Keeping our eye on: Derron Radcliff
Published: October 24,2010
Education: B.B.A. in marketing, Mississippi State University
Current Position: Box office manager, MSU Riley Center
As box office manager for the historic MSU Riley Center in Meridian, Derron Radcliff has overseen an important crossroads of fine arts and community development in East Mississippi. He has also enjoyed the benefit of working with celebrities and performers from Oprah Winfrey and B.B. King to Brian McKnight and Itzhak Perlman.
Radcliff’s original plan to get a couple of years of resume building before leaving Mississippi has turned into a decade of life in the Queen City. It was while managing a restaurant in 2006 that he saw a classified job notice posted by the renovated and reopened opera house. “Not only have I grown to love the Riley Center but I have grown to love the slow pace and the simple life of Meridian and Mississippi as a whole,” Radcliff says. “I never thought in a million years that would meet some of the people I have met.”
Radcliff is active in a number of professional and community organizations including the East Mississippi Business Development Corporation and the Meridian alumni chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. He is a 2005 graduate of Leadership Lauderdale and is current president of the Young Professionals of Meridian.
First job ever: Managed the historic Dentzel Carousel in Highland Park
Mississippi’s best-kept secret: The MSU Riley Center for Education and Performing Arts
Must-have Mississippi food: Gulf Coast shrimp
Favorite hangout: Ray Stadium for Meridian High School football
Favorite TV show: “The Apprentice”
Favorite movie: “Coming to America”
Favorite band: New Edition
Last book read: “A Lesson Before Dying” by Ernest Gaines
Best role model: Jesus Christ
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities