Memorial elects new medical officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 24,2010
Memorial Hospital at Gulfport medical staff officers have been elected in September, and have begun their terms. They will serve through 2012. Thad Carter, M.D., was elected chief of staff. Carter is a board-certified urologist who was appointed to the medical staff of Memorial in 1980. He is a graduate of Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. He completed his internship and residency at Charity Hospital in New Orleans. He has been practicing in Gulfport for over 30 years, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
David Northington, D.O., was elected vice chief. Northington was appointed to the medical staff in 2003, and is the medical director of the hospitalist program. He is a graduate of the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Mo. Northington completed his internship and residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio.
Alton Dauterive, M.D., was elected secretary-treasurer. Dauterive is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons who was appointed to the medical staff in 1986. He is a graduate of Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans. He completed his internship and residency at Charity Hospital in New Orleans and his Fellowship in vascular surgery at LSU School of Medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building