Memorial elects new medical officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 24,2010
Memorial Hospital at Gulfport medical staff officers have been elected in September, and have begun their terms. They will serve through 2012. Thad Carter, M.D., was elected chief of staff. Carter is a board-certified urologist who was appointed to the medical staff of Memorial in 1980. He is a graduate of Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. He completed his internship and residency at Charity Hospital in New Orleans. He has been practicing in Gulfport for over 30 years, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
David Northington, D.O., was elected vice chief. Northington was appointed to the medical staff in 2003, and is the medical director of the hospitalist program. He is a graduate of the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Mo. Northington completed his internship and residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio.
Alton Dauterive, M.D., was elected secretary-treasurer. Dauterive is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons who was appointed to the medical staff in 1986. He is a graduate of Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans. He completed his internship and residency at Charity Hospital in New Orleans and his Fellowship in vascular surgery at LSU School of Medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image