MGCCC presents award, Hall of Fame inductees
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 24,2010
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College inducted the 2010 Sam Owen Award recipient and three honorees into the Alumni Hall of Fame on Homecoming Day, Oct. 16.
The Sam Owen Award is an honor bestowed since 1956 to a community member who actively supports the college and its ongoing mission to make a positive difference. The 2010 award recipient is Wilbur Ward, Perkinston Campus, 1950-1951.
The Alumni Hall of Fame recipients are: Jenifer Doby Freridge, Jackson County Campus, 1997-2000; Thomas Payne, J.D., Ph.D., Jefferson Davis Campus, Summer 1975, Summer 1976, Summer 1982, Spring 1983 and Fall 1983; and, C. Warner Peterson (posthumously), Perkinston Campus, 1950-1952.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar