MGCCC presents award, Hall of Fame inductees
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 24,2010
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College inducted the 2010 Sam Owen Award recipient and three honorees into the Alumni Hall of Fame on Homecoming Day, Oct. 16.
The Sam Owen Award is an honor bestowed since 1956 to a community member who actively supports the college and its ongoing mission to make a positive difference. The 2010 award recipient is Wilbur Ward, Perkinston Campus, 1950-1951.
The Alumni Hall of Fame recipients are: Jenifer Doby Freridge, Jackson County Campus, 1997-2000; Thomas Payne, J.D., Ph.D., Jefferson Davis Campus, Summer 1975, Summer 1976, Summer 1982, Spring 1983 and Fall 1983; and, C. Warner Peterson (posthumously), Perkinston Campus, 1950-1952.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC