MGCCC presents award, Hall of Fame inductees
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 24,2010
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College inducted the 2010 Sam Owen Award recipient and three honorees into the Alumni Hall of Fame on Homecoming Day, Oct. 16.
The Sam Owen Award is an honor bestowed since 1956 to a community member who actively supports the college and its ongoing mission to make a positive difference. The 2010 award recipient is Wilbur Ward, Perkinston Campus, 1950-1951.
The Alumni Hall of Fame recipients are: Jenifer Doby Freridge, Jackson County Campus, 1997-2000; Thomas Payne, J.D., Ph.D., Jefferson Davis Campus, Summer 1975, Summer 1976, Summer 1982, Spring 1983 and Fall 1983; and, C. Warner Peterson (posthumously), Perkinston Campus, 1950-1952.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation