MGCCC presents award, Hall of Fame inductees
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 24,2010
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College inducted the 2010 Sam Owen Award recipient and three honorees into the Alumni Hall of Fame on Homecoming Day, Oct. 16.
The Sam Owen Award is an honor bestowed since 1956 to a community member who actively supports the college and its ongoing mission to make a positive difference. The 2010 award recipient is Wilbur Ward, Perkinston Campus, 1950-1951.
The Alumni Hall of Fame recipients are: Jenifer Doby Freridge, Jackson County Campus, 1997-2000; Thomas Payne, J.D., Ph.D., Jefferson Davis Campus, Summer 1975, Summer 1976, Summer 1982, Spring 1983 and Fall 1983; and, C. Warner Peterson (posthumously), Perkinston Campus, 1950-1952.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal