MGCCC presents award, Hall of Fame inductees
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 24,2010
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College inducted the 2010 Sam Owen Award recipient and three honorees into the Alumni Hall of Fame on Homecoming Day, Oct. 16.
The Sam Owen Award is an honor bestowed since 1956 to a community member who actively supports the college and its ongoing mission to make a positive difference. The 2010 award recipient is Wilbur Ward, Perkinston Campus, 1950-1951.
The Alumni Hall of Fame recipients are: Jenifer Doby Freridge, Jackson County Campus, 1997-2000; Thomas Payne, J.D., Ph.D., Jefferson Davis Campus, Summer 1975, Summer 1976, Summer 1982, Spring 1983 and Fall 1983; and, C. Warner Peterson (posthumously), Perkinston Campus, 1950-1952.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so