Forrest General cancer center receives accreditation
Published: October 26,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) has granted Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation to Forrest General’s Cancer Center.
Receiving care at a CoC-accredited cancer program like Forrest General’s Cancer Center ensures that a patient will have access to comprehensive care, a multispecialty team approach, information about clinical trials and new treatment options, access to cancer-related information, education and support, a cancer registry that collects data and offers lifelong patient follow-up, and most importantly, quality care close to home.
Accreditation by the CoC is given to facilities following on-site evaluation by a physician surveyor, during which the facility demonstrates a Commendation level of compliance with one or more standards that represent the full scope of the cancer program.
Forrest General’s Cancer Center offers a comprehensive program of detection, diagnosis, education, prevention, screening, psychosocial support, rehabilitative services and treatment for the cancer patient. The center is among the largest and most sophisticated regional cancer centers in South Mississippi and sees patients from throughout the southeast.
About the Commission on Cancer (CoC)
Established in 1922 by the American College of Surgeons, the CoC is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival rates and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education and the monitoring of comprehensive, quality care.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love