Forrest General cancer center receives accreditation
by Amy McCullough
Published: October 26,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) has granted Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation to Forrest General’s Cancer Center.
Receiving care at a CoC-accredited cancer program like Forrest General’s Cancer Center ensures that a patient will have access to comprehensive care, a multispecialty team approach, information about clinical trials and new treatment options, access to cancer-related information, education and support, a cancer registry that collects data and offers lifelong patient follow-up, and most importantly, quality care close to home.
Accreditation by the CoC is given to facilities following on-site evaluation by a physician surveyor, during which the facility demonstrates a Commendation level of compliance with one or more standards that represent the full scope of the cancer program.
Forrest General’s Cancer Center offers a comprehensive program of detection, diagnosis, education, prevention, screening, psychosocial support, rehabilitative services and treatment for the cancer patient. The center is among the largest and most sophisticated regional cancer centers in South Mississippi and sees patients from throughout the southeast.
About the Commission on Cancer (CoC)
Established in 1922 by the American College of Surgeons, the CoC is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival rates and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education and the monitoring of comprehensive, quality care.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data