MDA hosts trade mission to Central America
by Associated Press
Published: October 26,2010
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority will lead a delegation of business leaders on a trade mission to Costa Rica and Panama from March 20-26.
MDA executive director Gray Swoope says in a news release that the trip will help Mississippi businesses pinpoint opportunities for trade in the two Central American markets.
Swoope says exports from the U.S. and Mississippi to Costa Rica and Panama have increased over the past few years.
He says the U.S. has a free trade agreement with Costa Rica and is negotiating one with Panama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones