USM, DSU presidents get contract extensions
by Associated Press
Published: October 26,2010
JACKSON — The state College Board has voted to extend the contracts of Delta State University President John M. Hilpert and University of Southern Mississippi President Martha Saunders.
The new contracts are for four years.
College Board president Bettye Neely praised their leadership.
A news release from the College Board says Delta State has met enrollment and fund raising goals since Hilpert became president in 2003.
The board says Saunders has implemented a strategic plan that has improved her university. She is the ninth president of USM. She took the job in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years