USM, DSU presidents get contract extensions
Published: October 26,2010
JACKSON — The state College Board has voted to extend the contracts of Delta State University President John M. Hilpert and University of Southern Mississippi President Martha Saunders.
The new contracts are for four years.
College Board president Bettye Neely praised their leadership.
A news release from the College Board says Delta State has met enrollment and fund raising goals since Hilpert became president in 2003.
The board says Saunders has implemented a strategic plan that has improved her university. She is the ninth president of USM. She took the job in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete