USM, DSU presidents get contract extensions
by Associated Press
Published: October 26,2010
JACKSON — The state College Board has voted to extend the contracts of Delta State University President John M. Hilpert and University of Southern Mississippi President Martha Saunders.
The new contracts are for four years.
College Board president Bettye Neely praised their leadership.
A news release from the College Board says Delta State has met enrollment and fund raising goals since Hilpert became president in 2003.
The board says Saunders has implemented a strategic plan that has improved her university. She is the ninth president of USM. She took the job in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State