USM, DSU presidents get contract extensions
Published: October 26,2010
JACKSON — The state College Board has voted to extend the contracts of Delta State University President John M. Hilpert and University of Southern Mississippi President Martha Saunders.
The new contracts are for four years.
College Board president Bettye Neely praised their leadership.
A news release from the College Board says Delta State has met enrollment and fund raising goals since Hilpert became president in 2003.
The board says Saunders has implemented a strategic plan that has improved her university. She is the ninth president of USM. She took the job in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force