USM, DSU presidents get contract extensions
Published: October 26,2010
JACKSON — The state College Board has voted to extend the contracts of Delta State University President John M. Hilpert and University of Southern Mississippi President Martha Saunders.
The new contracts are for four years.
College Board president Bettye Neely praised their leadership.
A news release from the College Board says Delta State has met enrollment and fund raising goals since Hilpert became president in 2003.
The board says Saunders has implemented a strategic plan that has improved her university. She is the ninth president of USM. She took the job in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form