Educators worry about 2012 budget cut
At Tuesday’s House hearing on the 2012 budget, Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds said another big cut will “cripple the education component” at University of Mississippi Medical Center, reported the Clarion-Ledger.
The president of Hinds Community College said another cut might mean turning away students at the door, the Ledger said.
The 2012 state budget is predicted to have a $600 million deficit, and Gov. Haley Barbour has asked state agencies to cut 15 percent off their budgets.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years