Educators worry about 2012 budget cut
At Tuesday’s House hearing on the 2012 budget, Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds said another big cut will “cripple the education component” at University of Mississippi Medical Center, reported the Clarion-Ledger.
The president of Hinds Community College said another cut might mean turning away students at the door, the Ledger said.
The 2012 state budget is predicted to have a $600 million deficit, and Gov. Haley Barbour has asked state agencies to cut 15 percent off their budgets.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal