Furniture company to locate in Amory, create 85 jobs
Published: October 27,2010
Source: Mississippi Development Authority
AMORY — Officials from Madison House LLC, a start-up upholstered furniture company, recently announced that the company is locating manufacturing operations in Amory, Mississippi. The project will create a total of 85 jobs by the end of Madison House’s second full year of operation. Twenty of those jobs are already in place. The company, a division of Townhouse Home Furnishings, will produce mid-priced stationary furniture, including sofas, loveseats, chairs, ottomans and sectionals.
MDA worked with company and local officials to help with the project and provided funding to assist with public building improvements. The City of Amory, the Monroe County Board of Supervisors, the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce and Three Rivers Planning and Development District also provided assistance for this project.
Townhouse Home Furnishings was founded in 2002 by Jeremy Lafayette in a garage with only five workers. Since then, the company has grown to 120 employees and is now located in three buildings with manufacturing space totaling 170,000 square feet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015