Furniture company to locate in Amory, create 85 jobs
Published: October 27,2010
Source: Mississippi Development Authority
AMORY — Officials from Madison House LLC, a start-up upholstered furniture company, recently announced that the company is locating manufacturing operations in Amory, Mississippi. The project will create a total of 85 jobs by the end of Madison House’s second full year of operation. Twenty of those jobs are already in place. The company, a division of Townhouse Home Furnishings, will produce mid-priced stationary furniture, including sofas, loveseats, chairs, ottomans and sectionals.
MDA worked with company and local officials to help with the project and provided funding to assist with public building improvements. The City of Amory, the Monroe County Board of Supervisors, the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce and Three Rivers Planning and Development District also provided assistance for this project.
Townhouse Home Furnishings was founded in 2002 by Jeremy Lafayette in a garage with only five workers. Since then, the company has grown to 120 employees and is now located in three buildings with manufacturing space totaling 170,000 square feet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama