Furniture company to locate in Amory, create 85 jobs
Published: October 27,2010
Source: Mississippi Development Authority
AMORY — Officials from Madison House LLC, a start-up upholstered furniture company, recently announced that the company is locating manufacturing operations in Amory, Mississippi. The project will create a total of 85 jobs by the end of Madison House’s second full year of operation. Twenty of those jobs are already in place. The company, a division of Townhouse Home Furnishings, will produce mid-priced stationary furniture, including sofas, loveseats, chairs, ottomans and sectionals.
MDA worked with company and local officials to help with the project and provided funding to assist with public building improvements. The City of Amory, the Monroe County Board of Supervisors, the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce and Three Rivers Planning and Development District also provided assistance for this project.
Townhouse Home Furnishings was founded in 2002 by Jeremy Lafayette in a garage with only five workers. Since then, the company has grown to 120 employees and is now located in three buildings with manufacturing space totaling 170,000 square feet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center