Furniture company to locate in Amory, create 85 jobs
by Amy McCullough
Published: October 27,2010
Source: Mississippi Development Authority
AMORY — Officials from Madison House LLC, a start-up upholstered furniture company, recently announced that the company is locating manufacturing operations in Amory, Mississippi. The project will create a total of 85 jobs by the end of Madison House’s second full year of operation. Twenty of those jobs are already in place. The company, a division of Townhouse Home Furnishings, will produce mid-priced stationary furniture, including sofas, loveseats, chairs, ottomans and sectionals.
MDA worked with company and local officials to help with the project and provided funding to assist with public building improvements. The City of Amory, the Monroe County Board of Supervisors, the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce and Three Rivers Planning and Development District also provided assistance for this project.
Townhouse Home Furnishings was founded in 2002 by Jeremy Lafayette in a garage with only five workers. Since then, the company has grown to 120 employees and is now located in three buildings with manufacturing space totaling 170,000 square feet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn