Furniture company to locate in Amory, create 85 jobs
Published: October 27,2010
Source: Mississippi Development Authority
AMORY — Officials from Madison House LLC, a start-up upholstered furniture company, recently announced that the company is locating manufacturing operations in Amory, Mississippi. The project will create a total of 85 jobs by the end of Madison House’s second full year of operation. Twenty of those jobs are already in place. The company, a division of Townhouse Home Furnishings, will produce mid-priced stationary furniture, including sofas, loveseats, chairs, ottomans and sectionals.
MDA worked with company and local officials to help with the project and provided funding to assist with public building improvements. The City of Amory, the Monroe County Board of Supervisors, the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce and Three Rivers Planning and Development District also provided assistance for this project.
Townhouse Home Furnishings was founded in 2002 by Jeremy Lafayette in a garage with only five workers. Since then, the company has grown to 120 employees and is now located in three buildings with manufacturing space totaling 170,000 square feet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal