Northrop Grumman 3Q profit rises, boosts forecast
by Associated Press
Published: October 27,2010
Tags: Northrop Grumman
LOS ANGELES — Defense contractor Northrop Grumman Corp. says its third-quarter net income edged up on contributions from its aerospace, electronics and technology businesses.
Shipbuilding was the only operating segment where profit dropped.
Northrop also raised its earnings guidance for the year.
The Los Angeles company reported net income of $497 million, or $1.67 per share, in the three months ended in September. That’s up from $490 million, or $1.53 per share, a year ago.
It says revenue rose to $8.7 billion from $8.35 billion a year ago.
Analysts were expecting earnings of $1.46 per share on revenue of $8.56 billion.
Northrop Grumman raised its full-year earnings guidance to $6.85 to $7 per share. Previously it expected $6.60 to $6.80 per share. Analysts expected earnings of $6.86 per share for the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip