Northrop Grumman 3Q profit rises, boosts forecast
LOS ANGELES — Defense contractor Northrop Grumman Corp. says its third-quarter net income edged up on contributions from its aerospace, electronics and technology businesses.
Shipbuilding was the only operating segment where profit dropped.
Northrop also raised its earnings guidance for the year.
The Los Angeles company reported net income of $497 million, or $1.67 per share, in the three months ended in September. That’s up from $490 million, or $1.53 per share, a year ago.
It says revenue rose to $8.7 billion from $8.35 billion a year ago.
Analysts were expecting earnings of $1.46 per share on revenue of $8.56 billion.
Northrop Grumman raised its full-year earnings guidance to $6.85 to $7 per share. Previously it expected $6.60 to $6.80 per share. Analysts expected earnings of $6.86 per share for the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal