Northrop Grumman 3Q profit rises, boosts forecast
LOS ANGELES — Defense contractor Northrop Grumman Corp. says its third-quarter net income edged up on contributions from its aerospace, electronics and technology businesses.
Shipbuilding was the only operating segment where profit dropped.
Northrop also raised its earnings guidance for the year.
The Los Angeles company reported net income of $497 million, or $1.67 per share, in the three months ended in September. That’s up from $490 million, or $1.53 per share, a year ago.
It says revenue rose to $8.7 billion from $8.35 billion a year ago.
Analysts were expecting earnings of $1.46 per share on revenue of $8.56 billion.
Northrop Grumman raised its full-year earnings guidance to $6.85 to $7 per share. Previously it expected $6.60 to $6.80 per share. Analysts expected earnings of $6.86 per share for the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino