Northrop Grumman 3Q profit rises, boosts forecast
LOS ANGELES — Defense contractor Northrop Grumman Corp. says its third-quarter net income edged up on contributions from its aerospace, electronics and technology businesses.
Shipbuilding was the only operating segment where profit dropped.
Northrop also raised its earnings guidance for the year.
The Los Angeles company reported net income of $497 million, or $1.67 per share, in the three months ended in September. That’s up from $490 million, or $1.53 per share, a year ago.
It says revenue rose to $8.7 billion from $8.35 billion a year ago.
Analysts were expecting earnings of $1.46 per share on revenue of $8.56 billion.
Northrop Grumman raised its full-year earnings guidance to $6.85 to $7 per share. Previously it expected $6.60 to $6.80 per share. Analysts expected earnings of $6.86 per share for the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers