Northrop Grumman 3Q profit rises, boosts forecast
by Associated Press
Published: October 27,2010
Tags: Northrop Grumman
LOS ANGELES — Defense contractor Northrop Grumman Corp. says its third-quarter net income edged up on contributions from its aerospace, electronics and technology businesses.
Shipbuilding was the only operating segment where profit dropped.
Northrop also raised its earnings guidance for the year.
The Los Angeles company reported net income of $497 million, or $1.67 per share, in the three months ended in September. That’s up from $490 million, or $1.53 per share, a year ago.
It says revenue rose to $8.7 billion from $8.35 billion a year ago.
Analysts were expecting earnings of $1.46 per share on revenue of $8.56 billion.
Northrop Grumman raised its full-year earnings guidance to $6.85 to $7 per share. Previously it expected $6.60 to $6.80 per share. Analysts expected earnings of $6.86 per share for the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hunters urged to help fight wild hog population
- Alabama developer pleads guilty to wetlands violations
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- Cochran: 'We are making progress' on farm bill
- Limited ferry service to island draws complaints
- Corps puts agriculturual land up for bid
- Arkansas PSC welcomes new Entergy agreement
- Report: State ranks sixth-lowest in post-claim car insurance hikes
- Grocery store settles discrimination case with EEOC
- County to borrow $24M for wood pellet terminal at port