Barbour campaigning for Wis. gov. candidate
by Associated Press
Published: October 28,2010
OAK CREEK, Wisconsin — Governors from three southern states told Wisconsin voters Wednesday that the Republican strategies of cutting taxes and shrinking government worked in their states, and gubernatorial candidate Scott Walker could make them work here too.
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour appeared with Walker at a rally in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek as part of a three-city tour that started in Newton, Iowa, and was set to wrap up in Homer Glen, Ill.
Several polls show Walker, the Republican Milwaukee County executive, leading his Democratic opponent, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett. Barrett had planned to spend Wednesday campaigning at schools in Eau Claire, Rhinelander and La Crosse but he canceled due to bad weather.
Walker said the governors have been his inspiration when people ask him how he’ll create jobs and make government smaller.
“Just look to these great leaders,” he said, gesturing to them before a crowd of several hundred people. “They did it and we’re going to do it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip