Billy Crews named COO of Tupelo school district
TUPELO — Billy Crews, the chief executive officer of Journal Inc., publisher of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, has been named chief operating officer of the Tupelo Public School District.
The newspaper reports that Crews will begin his new job on Jan. 1.
Crews will manage the non-instructional departments in the school district, such as human resources, technology, communications, district operations and finance.
The 54-year-old Crews will be paid $122,000 a year.
Tupelo Superintendent Randy Shaver says by having to spend less time with operations, he will have more time to lead professional development for teachers.
Crews has worked for Journal Inc. for 32 years, serving as the company’s chief executive officer since 1992.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years