Billy Crews named COO of Tupelo school district
TUPELO — Billy Crews, the chief executive officer of Journal Inc., publisher of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, has been named chief operating officer of the Tupelo Public School District.
The newspaper reports that Crews will begin his new job on Jan. 1.
Crews will manage the non-instructional departments in the school district, such as human resources, technology, communications, district operations and finance.
The 54-year-old Crews will be paid $122,000 a year.
Tupelo Superintendent Randy Shaver says by having to spend less time with operations, he will have more time to lead professional development for teachers.
Crews has worked for Journal Inc. for 32 years, serving as the company’s chief executive officer since 1992.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County