Billy Crews named COO of Tupelo school district
TUPELO — Billy Crews, the chief executive officer of Journal Inc., publisher of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, has been named chief operating officer of the Tupelo Public School District.
The newspaper reports that Crews will begin his new job on Jan. 1.
Crews will manage the non-instructional departments in the school district, such as human resources, technology, communications, district operations and finance.
The 54-year-old Crews will be paid $122,000 a year.
Tupelo Superintendent Randy Shaver says by having to spend less time with operations, he will have more time to lead professional development for teachers.
Crews has worked for Journal Inc. for 32 years, serving as the company’s chief executive officer since 1992.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers