Billy Crews named COO of Tupelo school district
TUPELO — Billy Crews, the chief executive officer of Journal Inc., publisher of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, has been named chief operating officer of the Tupelo Public School District.
The newspaper reports that Crews will begin his new job on Jan. 1.
Crews will manage the non-instructional departments in the school district, such as human resources, technology, communications, district operations and finance.
The 54-year-old Crews will be paid $122,000 a year.
Tupelo Superintendent Randy Shaver says by having to spend less time with operations, he will have more time to lead professional development for teachers.
Crews has worked for Journal Inc. for 32 years, serving as the company’s chief executive officer since 1992.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41