Billy Crews named COO of Tupelo school district
TUPELO — Billy Crews, the chief executive officer of Journal Inc., publisher of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, has been named chief operating officer of the Tupelo Public School District.
The newspaper reports that Crews will begin his new job on Jan. 1.
Crews will manage the non-instructional departments in the school district, such as human resources, technology, communications, district operations and finance.
The 54-year-old Crews will be paid $122,000 a year.
Tupelo Superintendent Randy Shaver says by having to spend less time with operations, he will have more time to lead professional development for teachers.
Crews has worked for Journal Inc. for 32 years, serving as the company’s chief executive officer since 1992.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign