Choctaw casino in Jones Co. hires 184
Tribe spokesman Warren Strain tells the Laurel Leader-Call that 184 people were offered jobs after two recent jobs fairs. He says another 170 positions are to be filled before the Bok Homa (BOHK HO-MUH) Casino opens in mid-December.
Strain says the casino has received more than 1,000 applications.
Strain says people were hired for jobs ranging from porters, cage workers, security officers, security officers with emergency medical technician experience, surveillance workers, marketing personnel and kitchens workers.
The casino will have 722 slot machines and a quick-serve eatery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development