Choctaw casino in Jones Co. hires 184
Tribe spokesman Warren Strain tells the Laurel Leader-Call that 184 people were offered jobs after two recent jobs fairs. He says another 170 positions are to be filled before the Bok Homa (BOHK HO-MUH) Casino opens in mid-December.
Strain says the casino has received more than 1,000 applications.
Strain says people were hired for jobs ranging from porters, cage workers, security officers, security officers with emergency medical technician experience, surveillance workers, marketing personnel and kitchens workers.
The casino will have 722 slot machines and a quick-serve eatery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win