Choctaw casino in Jones Co. hires 184
Tribe spokesman Warren Strain tells the Laurel Leader-Call that 184 people were offered jobs after two recent jobs fairs. He says another 170 positions are to be filled before the Bok Homa (BOHK HO-MUH) Casino opens in mid-December.
Strain says the casino has received more than 1,000 applications.
Strain says people were hired for jobs ranging from porters, cage workers, security officers, security officers with emergency medical technician experience, surveillance workers, marketing personnel and kitchens workers.
The casino will have 722 slot machines and a quick-serve eatery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran