Choctaw casino in Jones Co. hires 184
Tribe spokesman Warren Strain tells the Laurel Leader-Call that 184 people were offered jobs after two recent jobs fairs. He says another 170 positions are to be filled before the Bok Homa (BOHK HO-MUH) Casino opens in mid-December.
Strain says the casino has received more than 1,000 applications.
Strain says people were hired for jobs ranging from porters, cage workers, security officers, security officers with emergency medical technician experience, surveillance workers, marketing personnel and kitchens workers.
The casino will have 722 slot machines and a quick-serve eatery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal