Choctaw casino in Jones Co. hires 184
Tribe spokesman Warren Strain tells the Laurel Leader-Call that 184 people were offered jobs after two recent jobs fairs. He says another 170 positions are to be filled before the Bok Homa (BOHK HO-MUH) Casino opens in mid-December.
Strain says the casino has received more than 1,000 applications.
Strain says people were hired for jobs ranging from porters, cage workers, security officers, security officers with emergency medical technician experience, surveillance workers, marketing personnel and kitchens workers.
The casino will have 722 slot machines and a quick-serve eatery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015