Peoples Financial posts reduced 3Q profit
BILOXI — Mississippi banking company Peoples Financial Corp. says it posted a lower third-quarter profit as lower interest rates and less borrowing took their toll.
For the July-through-September quarter, Biloxi-based Peoples earned $364,000, or 7 cents per share, compared with year-ago earnings in the third quarter of $974,000, or 17 cents per share.
The company said interest income fell to its lowest level since 2004 while loan demand dropped by nearly 10 percent.
Peoples has 16 branches along the Mississippi Gulf coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete