Peoples Financial posts reduced 3Q profit
BILOXI — Mississippi banking company Peoples Financial Corp. says it posted a lower third-quarter profit as lower interest rates and less borrowing took their toll.
For the July-through-September quarter, Biloxi-based Peoples earned $364,000, or 7 cents per share, compared with year-ago earnings in the third quarter of $974,000, or 17 cents per share.
The company said interest income fell to its lowest level since 2004 while loan demand dropped by nearly 10 percent.
Peoples has 16 branches along the Mississippi Gulf coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river