Peoples Financial posts reduced 3Q profit
by Associated Press
Published: October 28,2010
Tags: Peoples Financial Corp.
BILOXI — Mississippi banking company Peoples Financial Corp. says it posted a lower third-quarter profit as lower interest rates and less borrowing took their toll.
For the July-through-September quarter, Biloxi-based Peoples earned $364,000, or 7 cents per share, compared with year-ago earnings in the third quarter of $974,000, or 17 cents per share.
The company said interest income fell to its lowest level since 2004 while loan demand dropped by nearly 10 percent.
Peoples has 16 branches along the Mississippi Gulf coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable