Peoples Financial posts reduced 3Q profit
BILOXI — Mississippi banking company Peoples Financial Corp. says it posted a lower third-quarter profit as lower interest rates and less borrowing took their toll.
For the July-through-September quarter, Biloxi-based Peoples earned $364,000, or 7 cents per share, compared with year-ago earnings in the third quarter of $974,000, or 17 cents per share.
The company said interest income fell to its lowest level since 2004 while loan demand dropped by nearly 10 percent.
Peoples has 16 branches along the Mississippi Gulf coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19