Peoples Financial posts reduced 3Q profit
BILOXI — Mississippi banking company Peoples Financial Corp. says it posted a lower third-quarter profit as lower interest rates and less borrowing took their toll.
For the July-through-September quarter, Biloxi-based Peoples earned $364,000, or 7 cents per share, compared with year-ago earnings in the third quarter of $974,000, or 17 cents per share.
The company said interest income fell to its lowest level since 2004 while loan demand dropped by nearly 10 percent.
Peoples has 16 branches along the Mississippi Gulf coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind