Barbour and 2 GOP governors rally in Ohio
LEBANON, Ohio — GOP candidate for Ohio governor John Kasich (KAY’-sik) expects to get help in his final campaign push from three current Republican governors.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Mississippi’s Haley Barbour and New Jersey’s Chris Christie rally Friday for Kasich in the Republican-dominated southwest Ohio suburbs.
The three governors are campaigning in Ohio ahead of weekend visits by a Democratic big three: President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and former president Bill Clinton.
Former congressman Kasich is trying to unseat Democratic Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland.
Minnesota’s Pawlenty and Barbour of Mississippi are usually listed among possible 2012 presidential candidates. Christie has said he’s not ready to consider a national run.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending