Barbour and 2 GOP governors rally in Ohio
LEBANON, Ohio — GOP candidate for Ohio governor John Kasich (KAY’-sik) expects to get help in his final campaign push from three current Republican governors.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Mississippi’s Haley Barbour and New Jersey’s Chris Christie rally Friday for Kasich in the Republican-dominated southwest Ohio suburbs.
The three governors are campaigning in Ohio ahead of weekend visits by a Democratic big three: President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and former president Bill Clinton.
Former congressman Kasich is trying to unseat Democratic Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland.
Minnesota’s Pawlenty and Barbour of Mississippi are usually listed among possible 2012 presidential candidates. Christie has said he’s not ready to consider a national run.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month