Barbour and 2 GOP governors rally in Ohio
LEBANON, Ohio — GOP candidate for Ohio governor John Kasich (KAY’-sik) expects to get help in his final campaign push from three current Republican governors.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Mississippi’s Haley Barbour and New Jersey’s Chris Christie rally Friday for Kasich in the Republican-dominated southwest Ohio suburbs.
The three governors are campaigning in Ohio ahead of weekend visits by a Democratic big three: President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and former president Bill Clinton.
Former congressman Kasich is trying to unseat Democratic Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland.
Minnesota’s Pawlenty and Barbour of Mississippi are usually listed among possible 2012 presidential candidates. Christie has said he’s not ready to consider a national run.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez