Barbour and 2 GOP governors rally in Ohio
LEBANON, Ohio — GOP candidate for Ohio governor John Kasich (KAY’-sik) expects to get help in his final campaign push from three current Republican governors.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Mississippi’s Haley Barbour and New Jersey’s Chris Christie rally Friday for Kasich in the Republican-dominated southwest Ohio suburbs.
The three governors are campaigning in Ohio ahead of weekend visits by a Democratic big three: President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and former president Bill Clinton.
Former congressman Kasich is trying to unseat Democratic Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland.
Minnesota’s Pawlenty and Barbour of Mississippi are usually listed among possible 2012 presidential candidates. Christie has said he’s not ready to consider a national run.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments