Barbour and 2 GOP governors rally in Ohio
LEBANON, Ohio — GOP candidate for Ohio governor John Kasich (KAY’-sik) expects to get help in his final campaign push from three current Republican governors.
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Mississippi’s Haley Barbour and New Jersey’s Chris Christie rally Friday for Kasich in the Republican-dominated southwest Ohio suburbs.
The three governors are campaigning in Ohio ahead of weekend visits by a Democratic big three: President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and former president Bill Clinton.
Former congressman Kasich is trying to unseat Democratic Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland.
Minnesota’s Pawlenty and Barbour of Mississippi are usually listed among possible 2012 presidential candidates. Christie has said he’s not ready to consider a national run.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth