Miss. plant closing, going to Wis.
SUSSEX, Wisconsin — The Wisconsin company that prints Newsweek, Sports Illustrated and L.L. Bean catalogs says it plans to hire hundreds of people immediately.
Quad/Graphics is restarting equipment in Wisconsin that was shut down during the recession. The Sussex company is closing plants in Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and Nevada and moving production to Wisconsin.
Quad/Graphics president Joel Quadracci (kwahd-RAH’-chee) says the company has full-time jobs openings for 260 and 160 part-time positions. It plans to create up to 1,300 news jobs in Wisconsin during the next decade.
Quad recently acquired Canadian rival World Color Press and will close four of its plants and one Quad plant in Reno, Nev. The closures eliminate 2,200 jobs.
The Journal Sentinel says the printing company is using $46 million in state tax incentives to expand in Wisconsin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015