Miss. plant closing, going to Wis.
SUSSEX, Wisconsin — The Wisconsin company that prints Newsweek, Sports Illustrated and L.L. Bean catalogs says it plans to hire hundreds of people immediately.
Quad/Graphics is restarting equipment in Wisconsin that was shut down during the recession. The Sussex company is closing plants in Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and Nevada and moving production to Wisconsin.
Quad/Graphics president Joel Quadracci (kwahd-RAH’-chee) says the company has full-time jobs openings for 260 and 160 part-time positions. It plans to create up to 1,300 news jobs in Wisconsin during the next decade.
Quad recently acquired Canadian rival World Color Press and will close four of its plants and one Quad plant in Reno, Nev. The closures eliminate 2,200 jobs.
The Journal Sentinel says the printing company is using $46 million in state tax incentives to expand in Wisconsin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'