Miss. plant closing, going to Wis.
SUSSEX, Wisconsin — The Wisconsin company that prints Newsweek, Sports Illustrated and L.L. Bean catalogs says it plans to hire hundreds of people immediately.
Quad/Graphics is restarting equipment in Wisconsin that was shut down during the recession. The Sussex company is closing plants in Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and Nevada and moving production to Wisconsin.
Quad/Graphics president Joel Quadracci (kwahd-RAH’-chee) says the company has full-time jobs openings for 260 and 160 part-time positions. It plans to create up to 1,300 news jobs in Wisconsin during the next decade.
Quad recently acquired Canadian rival World Color Press and will close four of its plants and one Quad plant in Reno, Nev. The closures eliminate 2,200 jobs.
The Journal Sentinel says the printing company is using $46 million in state tax incentives to expand in Wisconsin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project