Miss. plant closing, going to Wis.
SUSSEX, Wisconsin — The Wisconsin company that prints Newsweek, Sports Illustrated and L.L. Bean catalogs says it plans to hire hundreds of people immediately.
Quad/Graphics is restarting equipment in Wisconsin that was shut down during the recession. The Sussex company is closing plants in Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and Nevada and moving production to Wisconsin.
Quad/Graphics president Joel Quadracci (kwahd-RAH’-chee) says the company has full-time jobs openings for 260 and 160 part-time positions. It plans to create up to 1,300 news jobs in Wisconsin during the next decade.
Quad recently acquired Canadian rival World Color Press and will close four of its plants and one Quad plant in Reno, Nev. The closures eliminate 2,200 jobs.
The Journal Sentinel says the printing company is using $46 million in state tax incentives to expand in Wisconsin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015