Miss. plant closing, going to Wis.
SUSSEX, Wisconsin — The Wisconsin company that prints Newsweek, Sports Illustrated and L.L. Bean catalogs says it plans to hire hundreds of people immediately.
Quad/Graphics is restarting equipment in Wisconsin that was shut down during the recession. The Sussex company is closing plants in Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and Nevada and moving production to Wisconsin.
Quad/Graphics president Joel Quadracci (kwahd-RAH’-chee) says the company has full-time jobs openings for 260 and 160 part-time positions. It plans to create up to 1,300 news jobs in Wisconsin during the next decade.
Quad recently acquired Canadian rival World Color Press and will close four of its plants and one Quad plant in Reno, Nev. The closures eliminate 2,200 jobs.
The Journal Sentinel says the printing company is using $46 million in state tax incentives to expand in Wisconsin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal