Toyota supplier now taking applications for 300 jobs
Published: October 29,2010
TUPELO — A Toyota supplier in north Mississippi is taking applications for about 300 jobs at its Baldwyn facility.
The job listings for Auto Parts Manufacturing Mississippi were posted on the Mississippi Department of Employment Security website Thursday. The company is looking for about 250 hourly workers and 50 supervisors that will work on salary.
Kiyoshi Tsuchiya, the general manager of Auto Parts Manufacturing Mississippi, told The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the company wants to “build a strong and diverse corporate family.”
The plant will supply stamped body parts, plastic bumpers and plastic instrument panels for the Corolla sedans to be built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi in Blue Springs, starting in fall 2011.
The company will begin hiring production workers in November, with the first start dates at the end of November. Hiring will continue through February.
“We are looking forward to having many local people join our team,” Tsuchiya said. “The people in the area have a great work ethic and we hope that many team members will apply.”
To apply for an hourly job, applicants have to go to a WIN Job Center location in Mississippi.
Pay will start at $12.50 with increases as employees learn their jobs, Tsuchiya said. Pay will increase to $13 after three months, $13.50 after six months and $0.50 each six months after that for a top rate of $15.80 after 36 months.
The Toyota plant in northeast Mississippi has also been accepting applications for hourly production and skilled maintenance jobs.
The plant at Blue Springs is scheduled to open in the fall of 2011. Toyota has said the plant will have about 2,000 employees once it hits full operation in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
8 Responses to “Toyota supplier now taking applications for 300 jobs”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren