Coast educators take home awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2010
The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast has named the recipients of the 2010 Butch Oustalet Gulf Coast Distinguished Faculty Awards in the areas of service, teaching and research.
The Service Award was presented to Dr. Heather Annulis, associate professor and assistant director of the Jack and Patti Phillips Workplace Learning and Performance Institute.
The Teaching Award was presented to Dr. M.D. Sarder, assistant professor and program coordinator for the Industrial Engineering Technology program in the School of Construction.
The Research Award was presented to Dr. Sumanth Yenduri, assistant professor of computer science.
The Butch Oustalet Gulf Coast Distinguished Faculty Awards, sponsored by the Butch Oustalet family, were created to recognize Southern Miss Gulf Coast faculty who have demonstrated exemplary achievements in one of the three areas of service, teaching and research. Each award winner received a plaque recognizing his or her achievement. The winners, selected by a four-member committee, were judged on submitted material supporting the specified area of distinction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company