Harvey to lead Choctaw’s casino
Retired Air Force Maj. Gen. Paul Harvey will oversee the operations of the Bok Homa Casino near Sandersville. Harvey was the first executive director of the Mississippi Gaming Commission. He was hired by the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians in Nov. 2007.
Harvey, 73, who currently serves as president and CEO of Pearl River Resort, is credited with guiding the resort through the worst recession since the Great Depression. The resort consists of the Silver Star and Golden Moon casinos, Dancing Rabbit Golf Club and Geyser Falls Water Park in Philadelphia.
Harvey now serves on the board of directors of Riviera Holdings Corporation (parent of the Riviera Hotel and Casino) and is a compliance advisor to Dubai World’s gaming interests in Las Vegas. He is a past board member of Progressive Gaming International and Elixir Corporation.
Harvey also served as an executive in residence and assistant to the president of William Carey University and taught management and leadership as a part of their masters degree program.
Harvey is a graduate of Miami University (Ohio) and has a master’s degree from Central Michigan University. He is also a graduate of the Industrial College of the Armed Forces at the National Defense University in Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium