Moon elected IEDC vice chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2010
The Nominating Committee of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) has elected Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM, president and CEO of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association, as vice chairman of the IEDC board of directors.
Moon currently serves as secretary/treasurer of the organization and will assume his new role in January 2011.
Moon has more than 25 years of successful economic development experience. Prior to joining MMA, he served as the deputy director and director for international development with the Mississippi Development Authority. He has extensive experience in international markets, including Asia, Europe and Latin America. He has led dozens of trade and investment missions and has managed international offices in seven countries.
Moon is the former president of the National Association of State Development Agencies. He served on the board of the American Economic Development Council for two terms and currently serves on the board of the IEDC. He is a Certified Economic Developer and a Fellow Member with the IEDC.
Moon is a graduate of the Economic Development Institute. He is a recipient of EDI’s Robert B. Cassell Student Leadership Award. He currently is a board member, instructor and mentor with the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute. He is also an instructor with the EDI-IEDC-CETY’s program in Mexico, and has taught courses on international development and incentives as a part of the basic course at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Moon has an undergraduate degree in international relations and a master of public administration from the University of Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him