Morris named MPE president
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2010
Dr. Barry Morris, dean of the School of Education at William Carey University, has been named president of Mississippi Professional Educators (MPE) for the 2010-2011 year. Morris, who came to WCU in 2004, served as chair and interim dean of the department of education until he was appointed dean in 2009. Before WCU, Morris was a faculty member at University of South Florida where he earned his Ph.D. He completed his bachelor of art degree at Mobile University and obtained a master of science degree from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Since being appointed to dean, Morris has implemented a new specialist degree in higher education administration and a career and technical education (CTE) degree.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Morris named MPE president”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions