Morris named MPE president
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2010
Dr. Barry Morris, dean of the School of Education at William Carey University, has been named president of Mississippi Professional Educators (MPE) for the 2010-2011 year. Morris, who came to WCU in 2004, served as chair and interim dean of the department of education until he was appointed dean in 2009. Before WCU, Morris was a faculty member at University of South Florida where he earned his Ph.D. He completed his bachelor of art degree at Mobile University and obtained a master of science degree from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Since being appointed to dean, Morris has implemented a new specialist degree in higher education administration and a career and technical education (CTE) degree.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Morris named MPE president”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month