Sankovich earns PAE award
At the 2010 Performing Arts Exchange (PAE) in Pittsburgh, Pa., Dennis Sankovich, executive director of the Mississippi State University Riley Center for Education and Performing Arts, was recognized with the Mary Beth Treen Award for his leadership and contribution to the performing arts industry.
With 30-plus years of arts management experience, Sankovich came to the MSU Riley Center in 2004 with a strong background in managing and operating theaters. As the longtime director of the historic Ritz Theatre in Tiffin, Ohio, Sankovich played an integral role in the successful renovation/restoration of the Ritz Theatre. He has served on presenting/touring grant panels in multiple states, served as a board member and treasurer of the League of Historic Theatres and provided consulting services for the League.
Sankovich received a bachelor of arts degree in performing arts management and a master of public administration with a major in nonprofit organization management as well as continuing education work in fundraising, arts advocacy and public relations through the Ohio Arts Council and New York Foundation for the Arts. He was a two-time recipient of the Ohio Arts Presenters Award of Merit.
Diane Williams, arts industry director and accessibility coordinator for the Mississippi Arts Commission, nominated Sankovich for the award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park