Sankovich earns PAE award
At the 2010 Performing Arts Exchange (PAE) in Pittsburgh, Pa., Dennis Sankovich, executive director of the Mississippi State University Riley Center for Education and Performing Arts, was recognized with the Mary Beth Treen Award for his leadership and contribution to the performing arts industry.
With 30-plus years of arts management experience, Sankovich came to the MSU Riley Center in 2004 with a strong background in managing and operating theaters. As the longtime director of the historic Ritz Theatre in Tiffin, Ohio, Sankovich played an integral role in the successful renovation/restoration of the Ritz Theatre. He has served on presenting/touring grant panels in multiple states, served as a board member and treasurer of the League of Historic Theatres and provided consulting services for the League.
Sankovich received a bachelor of arts degree in performing arts management and a master of public administration with a major in nonprofit organization management as well as continuing education work in fundraising, arts advocacy and public relations through the Ohio Arts Council and New York Foundation for the Arts. He was a two-time recipient of the Ohio Arts Presenters Award of Merit.
Diane Williams, arts industry director and accessibility coordinator for the Mississippi Arts Commission, nominated Sankovich for the award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- ROBERT KHAYAT: Board made a big mistake in not renewing Dan Jones
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway