Sankovich earns PAE award
At the 2010 Performing Arts Exchange (PAE) in Pittsburgh, Pa., Dennis Sankovich, executive director of the Mississippi State University Riley Center for Education and Performing Arts, was recognized with the Mary Beth Treen Award for his leadership and contribution to the performing arts industry.
With 30-plus years of arts management experience, Sankovich came to the MSU Riley Center in 2004 with a strong background in managing and operating theaters. As the longtime director of the historic Ritz Theatre in Tiffin, Ohio, Sankovich played an integral role in the successful renovation/restoration of the Ritz Theatre. He has served on presenting/touring grant panels in multiple states, served as a board member and treasurer of the League of Historic Theatres and provided consulting services for the League.
Sankovich received a bachelor of arts degree in performing arts management and a master of public administration with a major in nonprofit organization management as well as continuing education work in fundraising, arts advocacy and public relations through the Ohio Arts Council and New York Foundation for the Arts. He was a two-time recipient of the Ohio Arts Presenters Award of Merit.
Diane Williams, arts industry director and accessibility coordinator for the Mississippi Arts Commission, nominated Sankovich for the award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Catfish industry launches TV advertising campaign
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease
- Student body presidents pushing for on-time graduation