Cleveland gets money for boulevard
by Associated Press
Published: November 1,2010
U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., says the project is designed to alleviate traffic through residential areas.
Cochran says the funding is part of $3.3 million from the Federal Highway Administration for four projects in Mississippi.
Other projects are:
- $440,864 for the city of Senatobia for a lighting project at the south Senatobia Interstate 55 interchange with Mississippi Highway 740, including lighting the intersection on 740 between I-55 and U.S. Highway 51.
- $844,990 to Jackson to finance a project converting Capitol Street into a two-way thoroughfare that will be more pedestrian-friendly.
- $918,467 for construction of a one-mile, two-lane road connecting Jonestown with Mississippi 316.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M