Cleveland gets money for boulevard
Published: November 1,2010
U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., says the project is designed to alleviate traffic through residential areas.
Cochran says the funding is part of $3.3 million from the Federal Highway Administration for four projects in Mississippi.
Other projects are:
– $440,864 for the city of Senatobia for a lighting project at the south Senatobia Interstate 55 interchange with Mississippi Highway 740, including lighting the intersection on 740 between I-55 and U.S. Highway 51.
– $844,990 to Jackson to finance a project converting Capitol Street into a two-way thoroughfare that will be more pedestrian-friendly.
– $918,467 for construction of a one-mile, two-lane road connecting Jonestown with Mississippi 316.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters