Cleveland gets money for boulevard
Published: November 1,2010
U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., says the project is designed to alleviate traffic through residential areas.
Cochran says the funding is part of $3.3 million from the Federal Highway Administration for four projects in Mississippi.
Other projects are:
- $440,864 for the city of Senatobia for a lighting project at the south Senatobia Interstate 55 interchange with Mississippi Highway 740, including lighting the intersection on 740 between I-55 and U.S. Highway 51.
- $844,990 to Jackson to finance a project converting Capitol Street into a two-way thoroughfare that will be more pedestrian-friendly.
- $918,467 for construction of a one-mile, two-lane road connecting Jonestown with Mississippi 316.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41