Cleveland gets money for boulevard
Published: November 1,2010
U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., says the project is designed to alleviate traffic through residential areas.
Cochran says the funding is part of $3.3 million from the Federal Highway Administration for four projects in Mississippi.
Other projects are:
- $440,864 for the city of Senatobia for a lighting project at the south Senatobia Interstate 55 interchange with Mississippi Highway 740, including lighting the intersection on 740 between I-55 and U.S. Highway 51.
- $844,990 to Jackson to finance a project converting Capitol Street into a two-way thoroughfare that will be more pedestrian-friendly.
- $918,467 for construction of a one-mile, two-lane road connecting Jonestown with Mississippi 316.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium