Madison man arrested for alleged investment scam
JACKSON — A Mississippi businessman has been arrested by FBI agents on 12 counts of wire fraud, tax evasion, and money laundering.
Federal authorities say 47-year-old Jeffrey L. Walker of Madison allegedly devised a scheme to defraud and obtain money from investors by making false representations relating to a Chinese resort project his companies were supposedly developing.
Federal agents said Walker allegedly had investors in Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida and Arizona make bank wire transfers to one of his companies and he converted parts of the money for his own personal use.
FBI Special Agent Daniel McMullen tells The Clarion-Ledger that Walker was arrested in Nashville, Tenn., on Tuesday.
It was not immediately known whether Walker has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41