Cadence Bank stockholders to meet Dec. 9
STARKVILLE — Stockholders of Cadence Financial Corp., the parent of Cadence Bank, will meet Dec. 9 in Starkville to consider a buyout by a private Houston, Texas-based investment firm.
The Commercial Dispatch reports a proxy statement and ballot approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission was issued to shareholders this week.
Cadence agreed to the buyout with Community Bancorp in late October. Cadence had backed out of an agreement to be bought by Trustmark Bank.
Community Bancorp, a company formed to invest in community banks, will continue to operate under the Cadence name and said that it planned to keep the bank’s executive team.
The transaction is expected to close by the first quarter of 2011.
Cadence has branches in Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida and Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams