Millsaps College names new board chair
JACKSON — Millsaps College has named Tom Fowlkes of Bristol, Virginia, as chair of its board of trustees. He is succeeding Maurice H. Hall Jr. of Meridian, who has served as chair since 2002.
The Millsaps board of trustees has also voted to commit additional personal gifts totaling $500,000 to create a Trustee Annual Fund Challenge which challenges alumni and friends to double last year’s annual fund total of $750,000 as well as double alumni participation in giving. If successful, the Trustee challenge will result in an annual fund this fiscal year of $1.5 million and an alumni giving rate of 44 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years