Millsaps College names new board chair
JACKSON — Millsaps College has named Tom Fowlkes of Bristol, Virginia, as chair of its board of trustees. He is succeeding Maurice H. Hall Jr. of Meridian, who has served as chair since 2002.
The Millsaps board of trustees has also voted to commit additional personal gifts totaling $500,000 to create a Trustee Annual Fund Challenge which challenges alumni and friends to double last year’s annual fund total of $750,000 as well as double alumni participation in giving. If successful, the Trustee challenge will result in an annual fund this fiscal year of $1.5 million and an alumni giving rate of 44 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November