Millsaps College names new board chair
JACKSON — Millsaps College has named Tom Fowlkes of Bristol, Virginia, as chair of its board of trustees. He is succeeding Maurice H. Hall Jr. of Meridian, who has served as chair since 2002.
The Millsaps board of trustees has also voted to commit additional personal gifts totaling $500,000 to create a Trustee Annual Fund Challenge which challenges alumni and friends to double last year’s annual fund total of $750,000 as well as double alumni participation in giving. If successful, the Trustee challenge will result in an annual fund this fiscal year of $1.5 million and an alumni giving rate of 44 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62