Millsaps College names new board chair
by Ross Reily
Published: November 5,2010
Tags: Tom Fowlkes
JACKSON — Millsaps College has named Tom Fowlkes of Bristol, Virginia, as chair of its board of trustees. He is succeeding Maurice H. Hall Jr. of Meridian, who has served as chair since 2002.
The Millsaps board of trustees has also voted to commit additional personal gifts totaling $500,000 to create a Trustee Annual Fund Challenge which challenges alumni and friends to double last year’s annual fund total of $750,000 as well as double alumni participation in giving. If successful, the Trustee challenge will result in an annual fund this fiscal year of $1.5 million and an alumni giving rate of 44 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections