Ohr-O’Keefe Museum gets $3 mill grant
Part of museum to open this weekend
BILOXI – The Ohr-O’Keefe Museum in Biloxi has received $3 million grant by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, according to the Sun Herald.
The grant will be used to complete the gallery that will display the work of George Ohr.
The grant supplies the final funding necessary for the museum’s completion, scheduled for 2012.
The first three buildings, which make up Phase 1 of construction, open this weekend.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate