Ohr-O’Keefe Museum gets $3 mill grant
Part of museum to open this weekend
BILOXI – The Ohr-O’Keefe Museum in Biloxi has received $3 million grant by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, according to the Sun Herald.
The grant will be used to complete the gallery that will display the work of George Ohr.
The grant supplies the final funding necessary for the museum’s completion, scheduled for 2012.
The first three buildings, which make up Phase 1 of construction, open this weekend.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data