Oil spill cleanup company will locate in Greenville
Published: November 5,2010
GREENVILLE — A New Jersey-based company that manufactures green oil spill cleanup products is locating its headquarters in Greenville, according to the Delta Economic Development Center and the City of Greenville.
Sarva Bio Remed LLC was in the incubator stages in Trenton, New Jersey but wanted to move closer to the BP oil spill disaster, as the environmentally friendly products it makes can be used on the spill.
Company CEO Dr. Satya Ganti paid a visit to Greenville and was quickly put in touch with the Delta EDC, said Marcus Young, a director for the organization.
Young said Ganti liked the idea of manufacturing green products in a town called Greenville.
“(Ganti) likes this place not only because the name is Greenville, but because it is ideal for his business because of our strategic location and proximity to Gulf Coast,” Young said.
Young said the company has already hired on local person, and “the potential from our perspective is this could be in the first year a 20- to 30-employee operation.” Growth will be contingent upon Sarva gaining a Southern customer base, he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Oil spill cleanup company will locate in Greenville”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment