Oil spill cleanup company will locate in Greenville
Published: November 5,2010
GREENVILLE — A New Jersey-based company that manufactures green oil spill cleanup products is locating its headquarters in Greenville, according to the Delta Economic Development Center and the City of Greenville.
Sarva Bio Remed LLC was in the incubator stages in Trenton, New Jersey but wanted to move closer to the BP oil spill disaster, as the environmentally friendly products it makes can be used on the spill.
Company CEO Dr. Satya Ganti paid a visit to Greenville and was quickly put in touch with the Delta EDC, said Marcus Young, a director for the organization.
Young said Ganti liked the idea of manufacturing green products in a town called Greenville.
“(Ganti) likes this place not only because the name is Greenville, but because it is ideal for his business because of our strategic location and proximity to Gulf Coast,” Young said.
Young said the company has already hired on local person, and “the potential from our perspective is this could be in the first year a 20- to 30-employee operation.” Growth will be contingent upon Sarva gaining a Southern customer base, he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Oil spill cleanup company will locate in Greenville”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau