TVA board member profiles
Profiles of Tennessee Valley Authority directors, leading with three new appointees and reappointed member:
(1) Marilyn A. Brown of Atlanta, Ga., professor of energy policy at Georgia Tech’s School of Public Policy and a distinguished visiting scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. She was a co-recipient of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for work on climate change. Her term expires May 18, 2012.
(2) Barbara S. Haskew of Chattanooga, Tenn., retired distinguished professor of economics at Middle Tennessee State; was chairman of the Department of Economics and Finance, dean of the College of Business Administration and university vice president and provost. She previously managed TVA’s rate staff for eight years. Her term expires May 18, 2014.
(3) Attorney Neil McBride of Oak Ridge, Tenn., is general counsel with the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands, a nonprofit law firm that provides free legal help in civil cases. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Tennessee College of Law. His term expires May 18, 2013.
(4) William B. Sansom of Knoxville, Tenn., has been chairman and chief executive officer of The H.T. Hackney Co., a diversified company involved in wholesale grocery and furniture manufacturing, since 1983. He previously served on the TVA Board from 2006 to 2009 and was chairman from 2006 to 2008. His term expires May 18, 2014.
(5) Chairman Dennis Bottorff of Nashville, Tenn., is chairman and partner of Council Ventures, a venture capital firm. He was chairman of AmSouth Bancorporation in Nashville until his retirement in 2001 and previously was chief executive officer of First American Bank. His term expires May 18, 2011.
(6) Mike Duncan of Inez, Ky., is chairman, chief executive officer, and director of Community Holding Co.; chairman, CEO, and director of Inez Deposit Bank. He is a director of the Regional Center for Rural Development. His term expires May 18, 2011.
(7) Tom Gilliland of Blairsville, Ga., is retired executive vice president, general counsel and secretary of United Community Banks Inc. He is a former chief of staff to Georgia Lt. Gov. Pierre Howard and served as chairman of the Stone Mountain Authority under Georgia Gov. Roy Barnes and Gov. Sonny Perdue. His term expires May 18, 2011.
(8) William Graves of Memphis, Tenn., is presiding bishop of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. He was previously pastor of the Phillips Temple CME Church of Los Angeles, Calif. He is the immediate past president of the board of the National Congress of Black Churches and a former member of the board of Memphis Light, Gas & Water. His term expires May 18, 2012.
(9) Howard Thrailkill of Huntsville, Ala., is retired president and chief operating officer of Adtran, Inc., which supplies equipment for telecommunications service providers and corporate end-users. Previously, he was president and chief executive officer of Floating Point Systems. His term expires May 18, 2010.
Source: Tennessee Valley Authority
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping