Anderson named PRCC’s top alumnus
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2010
A Hattiesburg businessman has received the Pearl River Community College Alumni Association’s top award. Allen Anderson, president of Anderson Retail Inc., has been selected as the 2010 Alumnus of the Year.
Anderson was chosen as Alumnus of the Year based on his support of the college and its scholarship programs, said Ernie Lovell, executive director of the PRCC Foundation.
Anderson attended Pearl River on scholarship from 1966-1968, earning an associate’s degree. After attending the University of Southern Mississippi, he worked 11 years for the Sherwin-Williams Co. in Hattiesburg, Meridian and McComb, laying the foundation for his future businesses, which he opened in 1982.
Anderson Retail today includes Anderson Carpet One, Anderson Rug Market and Furniture Gallery, Anderson Lighting One, Anderson Commercial Flooring, Anderson Commercial Furniture and the Outlet Store and Sleep Center.
Through the PRCC Foundation Scholarship Program, he funds the Anderson Paint and Carpet One Construction and Design Scholarship.
Anderson and his wife, Paula, live in Oak Grove and are the parents of three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow