Anderson named PRCC’s top alumnus
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2010
A Hattiesburg businessman has received the Pearl River Community College Alumni Association’s top award. Allen Anderson, president of Anderson Retail Inc., has been selected as the 2010 Alumnus of the Year.
Anderson was chosen as Alumnus of the Year based on his support of the college and its scholarship programs, said Ernie Lovell, executive director of the PRCC Foundation.
Anderson attended Pearl River on scholarship from 1966-1968, earning an associate’s degree. After attending the University of Southern Mississippi, he worked 11 years for the Sherwin-Williams Co. in Hattiesburg, Meridian and McComb, laying the foundation for his future businesses, which he opened in 1982.
Anderson Retail today includes Anderson Carpet One, Anderson Rug Market and Furniture Gallery, Anderson Lighting One, Anderson Commercial Flooring, Anderson Commercial Furniture and the Outlet Store and Sleep Center.
Through the PRCC Foundation Scholarship Program, he funds the Anderson Paint and Carpet One Construction and Design Scholarship.
Anderson and his wife, Paula, live in Oak Grove and are the parents of three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state