Weathers to represent Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2010
Jon Mark Weathers, former district attorney for the Twelfth Judicial District, will join the University of Southern Mississippi as university counsel beginning Nov. 15, USM president Martha Saunders announced. Weathers succeeds current university counsel Lee Gore, who will officially retire Jan. 31, 2011, after leading the university’s legal office for 20 years.
Weathers attended the University of Mississippi Law School and was admitted to the Bar in 1972 and is admitted to practice in all Mississippi state courts, U.S. district courts of Mississippi, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Weathers was district attorney for the Twelfth Judicial District from 1976-1980. After practicing civil law for 23 years, Weathers successfully sought the office of district attorney for the Twelfth Judicial District, taking office in July 2003. Earlier this year, he retired from the District Attorney’s Office after seven years of service to Forrest and Perry counties.
Weathers is a member of The Mississippi Bar, South Central Mississippi Bar Association, American Bar Association and Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit. He is a Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers; Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates; and, Fellow, Mississippi Bar Foundation.
He and his wife, Peggy, have two children and five grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Weathers to represent Southern Miss”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics