Weathers to represent Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2010
Jon Mark Weathers, former district attorney for the Twelfth Judicial District, will join the University of Southern Mississippi as university counsel beginning Nov. 15, USM president Martha Saunders announced. Weathers succeeds current university counsel Lee Gore, who will officially retire Jan. 31, 2011, after leading the university’s legal office for 20 years.
Weathers attended the University of Mississippi Law School and was admitted to the Bar in 1972 and is admitted to practice in all Mississippi state courts, U.S. district courts of Mississippi, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Weathers was district attorney for the Twelfth Judicial District from 1976-1980. After practicing civil law for 23 years, Weathers successfully sought the office of district attorney for the Twelfth Judicial District, taking office in July 2003. Earlier this year, he retired from the District Attorney’s Office after seven years of service to Forrest and Perry counties.
Weathers is a member of The Mississippi Bar, South Central Mississippi Bar Association, American Bar Association and Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit. He is a Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers; Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates; and, Fellow, Mississippi Bar Foundation.
He and his wife, Peggy, have two children and five grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Weathers to represent Southern Miss”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip