Cal-Maine adds more eggs to recall
by Associated Press
Published: November 10,2010
Tags: egg recall
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc., the nation’s biggest egg seller and distributor, is adding another 120 dozen shell eggs to a voluntary recall announced on Friday.
The company said Tuesday that the eggs may possibly be contaminated with salmonella enteritidis. The recall announcement comes four days after Cal-Maine said it found out one of its suppliers had a sample test positive for salmonella enteritidis.
Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and those with weakened immune systems. Symptoms can include fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data