Cal-Maine adds more eggs to recall
by Associated Press
Published: November 10,2010
Tags: egg recall
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc., the nation’s biggest egg seller and distributor, is adding another 120 dozen shell eggs to a voluntary recall announced on Friday.
The company said Tuesday that the eggs may possibly be contaminated with salmonella enteritidis. The recall announcement comes four days after Cal-Maine said it found out one of its suppliers had a sample test positive for salmonella enteritidis.
Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and those with weakened immune systems. Symptoms can include fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns