Cal-Maine adds more eggs to recall
by Associated Press
Published: November 10,2010
Tags: egg recall
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc., the nation’s biggest egg seller and distributor, is adding another 120 dozen shell eggs to a voluntary recall announced on Friday.
The company said Tuesday that the eggs may possibly be contaminated with salmonella enteritidis. The recall announcement comes four days after Cal-Maine said it found out one of its suppliers had a sample test positive for salmonella enteritidis.
Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and those with weakened immune systems. Symptoms can include fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones