Cadence Bank reports net loss of $7.5M
STARKVILLE — Cadence Financial Corp., parent of Cadence Bank, has reported a net loss of $7.5 million, or 63 cents per share, for the third quarter ended Sept. 30.
That compares to a net loss of $13.1 million, or $1.10 per share, for the third quarter of 2009.
It is the final quarterly report before shareholders meet Dec. 9 to decide whether to accept a buyout from Houston, Texas-based Community Bancorp that would take the company private.
The company reported that the decline in its third-quarter loss was due to a decrease in its provision for loan losses and lower operating expenses. The provision for loan losses dropped to $8.5 million in the third quarter of 2010 compared to $20.7 million in year-ago quarter, due primarily to lower charge-offs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending