Cadence Bank reports net loss of $7.5M
STARKVILLE — Cadence Financial Corp., parent of Cadence Bank, has reported a net loss of $7.5 million, or 63 cents per share, for the third quarter ended Sept. 30.
That compares to a net loss of $13.1 million, or $1.10 per share, for the third quarter of 2009.
It is the final quarterly report before shareholders meet Dec. 9 to decide whether to accept a buyout from Houston, Texas-based Community Bancorp that would take the company private.
The company reported that the decline in its third-quarter loss was due to a decrease in its provision for loan losses and lower operating expenses. The provision for loan losses dropped to $8.5 million in the third quarter of 2010 compared to $20.7 million in year-ago quarter, due primarily to lower charge-offs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life