Cadence Bank reports net loss of $7.5M
STARKVILLE — Cadence Financial Corp., parent of Cadence Bank, has reported a net loss of $7.5 million, or 63 cents per share, for the third quarter ended Sept. 30.
That compares to a net loss of $13.1 million, or $1.10 per share, for the third quarter of 2009.
It is the final quarterly report before shareholders meet Dec. 9 to decide whether to accept a buyout from Houston, Texas-based Community Bancorp that would take the company private.
The company reported that the decline in its third-quarter loss was due to a decrease in its provision for loan losses and lower operating expenses. The provision for loan losses dropped to $8.5 million in the third quarter of 2010 compared to $20.7 million in year-ago quarter, due primarily to lower charge-offs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center