Cadence Bank reports net loss of $7.5M
STARKVILLE — Cadence Financial Corp., parent of Cadence Bank, has reported a net loss of $7.5 million, or 63 cents per share, for the third quarter ended Sept. 30.
That compares to a net loss of $13.1 million, or $1.10 per share, for the third quarter of 2009.
It is the final quarterly report before shareholders meet Dec. 9 to decide whether to accept a buyout from Houston, Texas-based Community Bancorp that would take the company private.
The company reported that the decline in its third-quarter loss was due to a decrease in its provision for loan losses and lower operating expenses. The provision for loan losses dropped to $8.5 million in the third quarter of 2010 compared to $20.7 million in year-ago quarter, due primarily to lower charge-offs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office