Cadence Bank reports net loss of $7.5M
STARKVILLE — Cadence Financial Corp., parent of Cadence Bank, has reported a net loss of $7.5 million, or 63 cents per share, for the third quarter ended Sept. 30.
That compares to a net loss of $13.1 million, or $1.10 per share, for the third quarter of 2009.
It is the final quarterly report before shareholders meet Dec. 9 to decide whether to accept a buyout from Houston, Texas-based Community Bancorp that would take the company private.
The company reported that the decline in its third-quarter loss was due to a decrease in its provision for loan losses and lower operating expenses. The provision for loan losses dropped to $8.5 million in the third quarter of 2010 compared to $20.7 million in year-ago quarter, due primarily to lower charge-offs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant