River Region looking for new chief executive
VICKSBURG — River Region Medical Center in Vicksburg is looking for a new CEO.
CEO Vance Reynolds announced Nov. 10 that he’s leaving Dec. 10 to take a similar job in his hometown of Sherman, Texas. Reynolds has been in healthcare management 12 years and was hired by River Region in Dec. 2008.
River Region said in July that it was on solid financial footing in 2009 for the first time in its eight years of operation.
The Vicksburg Post reports that River Region has 372 licensed beds, 119 active physicians and 1,600 employees. The hospital operates most of the medical clinics in Vicksburg.
River Region Health System is owned by Community Health Systems of Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant