River Region looking for new chief executive
VICKSBURG — River Region Medical Center in Vicksburg is looking for a new CEO.
CEO Vance Reynolds announced Nov. 10 that he’s leaving Dec. 10 to take a similar job in his hometown of Sherman, Texas. Reynolds has been in healthcare management 12 years and was hired by River Region in Dec. 2008.
River Region said in July that it was on solid financial footing in 2009 for the first time in its eight years of operation.
The Vicksburg Post reports that River Region has 372 licensed beds, 119 active physicians and 1,600 employees. The hospital operates most of the medical clinics in Vicksburg.
River Region Health System is owned by Community Health Systems of Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility