River Region looking for new chief executive
VICKSBURG — River Region Medical Center in Vicksburg is looking for a new CEO.
CEO Vance Reynolds announced Nov. 10 that he’s leaving Dec. 10 to take a similar job in his hometown of Sherman, Texas. Reynolds has been in healthcare management 12 years and was hired by River Region in Dec. 2008.
River Region said in July that it was on solid financial footing in 2009 for the first time in its eight years of operation.
The Vicksburg Post reports that River Region has 372 licensed beds, 119 active physicians and 1,600 employees. The hospital operates most of the medical clinics in Vicksburg.
River Region Health System is owned by Community Health Systems of Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history