River Region looking for new chief executive
by Associated Press
Published: November 11,2010
VICKSBURG — River Region Medical Center in Vicksburg is looking for a new CEO.
CEO Vance Reynolds announced Nov. 10 that he’s leaving Dec. 10 to take a similar job in his hometown of Sherman, Texas. Reynolds has been in healthcare management 12 years and was hired by River Region in Dec. 2008.
River Region said in July that it was on solid financial footing in 2009 for the first time in its eight years of operation.
The Vicksburg Post reports that River Region has 372 licensed beds, 119 active physicians and 1,600 employees. The hospital operates most of the medical clinics in Vicksburg.
River Region Health System is owned by Community Health Systems of Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain