McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission
BATESVILLE — State Rep. Warner McBride says he plans to run in a special election for the northern district seat on the Mississippi Transportation Commission left vacant with the death of Bill Minor earlier this month.
McBride, a Democrat from Batesville, is chairman of the House Transportation Committee. He has been a member of the Mississippi House since 1992.
McBride says he’ll make a formal announcement after Gov. Haley Barbour sets date for the special election to complete Minor’s term, which runs to January 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal