McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission
BATESVILLE — State Rep. Warner McBride says he plans to run in a special election for the northern district seat on the Mississippi Transportation Commission left vacant with the death of Bill Minor earlier this month.
McBride, a Democrat from Batesville, is chairman of the House Transportation Committee. He has been a member of the Mississippi House since 1992.
McBride says he’ll make a formal announcement after Gov. Haley Barbour sets date for the special election to complete Minor’s term, which runs to January 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics