McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission
BATESVILLE — State Rep. Warner McBride says he plans to run in a special election for the northern district seat on the Mississippi Transportation Commission left vacant with the death of Bill Minor earlier this month.
McBride, a Democrat from Batesville, is chairman of the House Transportation Committee. He has been a member of the Mississippi House since 1992.
McBride says he’ll make a formal announcement after Gov. Haley Barbour sets date for the special election to complete Minor’s term, which runs to January 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility