McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission
BATESVILLE — State Rep. Warner McBride says he plans to run in a special election for the northern district seat on the Mississippi Transportation Commission left vacant with the death of Bill Minor earlier this month.
McBride, a Democrat from Batesville, is chairman of the House Transportation Committee. He has been a member of the Mississippi House since 1992.
McBride says he’ll make a formal announcement after Gov. Haley Barbour sets date for the special election to complete Minor’s term, which runs to January 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'