McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission
BATESVILLE — State Rep. Warner McBride says he plans to run in a special election for the northern district seat on the Mississippi Transportation Commission left vacant with the death of Bill Minor earlier this month.
McBride, a Democrat from Batesville, is chairman of the House Transportation Committee. He has been a member of the Mississippi House since 1992.
McBride says he’ll make a formal announcement after Gov. Haley Barbour sets date for the special election to complete Minor’s term, which runs to January 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McBride to run for seat on Transportation Commission”
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years