Chaney calls healthcare reform communism
by Associated Press
Published: November 12,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney says some parts of the federal healthcare overhaul won’t work because they came from “pure socialist-communist ideas.”
The Republican’s comments came Nov. 10 during a speech to the Olive Branch Chamber of Commerce.
The Commercial Appeal reports that Chaney said he and his staff are sorting through the federal law that started taking effect earlier this year.
Chaney said some ideas came from Republicans or Democrats. But he said the law is partly socialist because it would require “taking money from one class of people and giving it to another.”
Chaney has been insurance commissioner three years. He’s seeking re-election in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil