Chaney calls healthcare reform communism
by Associated Press
Published: November 12,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney says some parts of the federal healthcare overhaul won’t work because they came from “pure socialist-communist ideas.”
The Republican’s comments came Nov. 10 during a speech to the Olive Branch Chamber of Commerce.
The Commercial Appeal reports that Chaney said he and his staff are sorting through the federal law that started taking effect earlier this year.
Chaney said some ideas came from Republicans or Democrats. But he said the law is partly socialist because it would require “taking money from one class of people and giving it to another.”
Chaney has been insurance commissioner three years. He’s seeking re-election in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi