Attorneys, students honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2010
Tags: Bradley C. Moody, Cody Gibson, Damian Crooks, Damon Ramon Stevenson, Debra Giles, Dellwyn Smith, Eleanor Faye Peterson, Ermea J. Russell, George Fair, Leigh Vernon and T. Murry Whalen, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project, Patricia Herlihy, Zandrea Yvette King
On Oct. 27, a reception was held honoring attorneys, law firms and students who have given free legal services to assist low-income people. The event was part of the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project’s celebration of National Pro Bono Week.
Individual attorneys honored were Mississippi Bar immediate past president George Fair, Patricia Herlihy, Bradley C. Moody, Eleanor Faye Peterson, Ermea J. Russell, Leigh Vernon and T. Murry Whalen, all of Jackson. Young lawyers recognized for their service include Debra Giles of Madison and Jackson attorneys Zandrea Yvette King, Dellwyn Smith and Damon Ramon Stevenson. Law students honored for their work are Damian Crooks and Cody Gibson, both of Mississippi College School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker