Attorneys, students honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2010
Tags: Bradley C. Moody, Cody Gibson, Damian Crooks, Damon Ramon Stevenson, Debra Giles, Dellwyn Smith, Eleanor Faye Peterson, Ermea J. Russell, George Fair, Leigh Vernon and T. Murry Whalen, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project, Patricia Herlihy, Zandrea Yvette King
On Oct. 27, a reception was held honoring attorneys, law firms and students who have given free legal services to assist low-income people. The event was part of the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project’s celebration of National Pro Bono Week.
Individual attorneys honored were Mississippi Bar immediate past president George Fair, Patricia Herlihy, Bradley C. Moody, Eleanor Faye Peterson, Ermea J. Russell, Leigh Vernon and T. Murry Whalen, all of Jackson. Young lawyers recognized for their service include Debra Giles of Madison and Jackson attorneys Zandrea Yvette King, Dellwyn Smith and Damon Ramon Stevenson. Law students honored for their work are Damian Crooks and Cody Gibson, both of Mississippi College School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet