Attorneys, students honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2010
Tags: Bradley C. Moody, Cody Gibson, Damian Crooks, Damon Ramon Stevenson, Debra Giles, Dellwyn Smith, Eleanor Faye Peterson, Ermea J. Russell, George Fair, Leigh Vernon and T. Murry Whalen, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project, Patricia Herlihy, Zandrea Yvette King
On Oct. 27, a reception was held honoring attorneys, law firms and students who have given free legal services to assist low-income people. The event was part of the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project’s celebration of National Pro Bono Week.
Individual attorneys honored were Mississippi Bar immediate past president George Fair, Patricia Herlihy, Bradley C. Moody, Eleanor Faye Peterson, Ermea J. Russell, Leigh Vernon and T. Murry Whalen, all of Jackson. Young lawyers recognized for their service include Debra Giles of Madison and Jackson attorneys Zandrea Yvette King, Dellwyn Smith and Damon Ramon Stevenson. Law students honored for their work are Damian Crooks and Cody Gibson, both of Mississippi College School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him