Bassi named president of Conference
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2010
George Bassi of Laurel was elected president of the Southeastern Museums Conference during the recent SEMC Annual Conference held in Baton Rouge, La. Bassi has served as director of the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art in Laurel since 1993.
He is a native of Leland, and received his undergraduate degree in business from Delta State University and his master of arts degree in mass communications and public relations from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Bassi has more than 20 years of non-profit management and arts administration experience. He conducts workshops and retreats on fund raising, arts management, public relations and marketing, grant writing and board resources. He serves as an accreditation reviewer for the American Association of Museums. He has also participated in the National Arts Stabilization project and has authored an article for American Art Review.
Bassi serves on the Mississippi advisory committee for the National Museum of Women in the Arts, and is on the boards of the Mississippi Institute of Arts & Letters, the United Way of the Pine Belt and the Delta State University Alumni Association. He is a past president of the Laurel Rotary Club.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years