Townsend takes seat on ABA board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2010
Huey L. Townsend, chairman, president and CEO of Guaranty Bank and Trust Co. in Belzoni, has been elected to serve a three-year term on the board of directors of American Bankers Association. He was elected at the ABA Annual Convention in Boston Oct. 19.
Townsend has a lengthy record of service to the banking industry at the national, state and local level. Most recently, he served as Mississippi membership chairman for ABA, and he previous was a member of the ABA Community Bankers Council and served on that council’s Administrative Committee. Townsend was chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association in 2005-06, and has served as MBA vice chairman and treasurer. He has been a member of the state association’s board of directors, legislative committee and group insurance committee, which he chaired for six years.
Townsend earned a bachelor’s degree with a double major in banking and finance and accounting from the University of Mississippi, and he is a certified public accountant. He has worked for Guaranty Bank and Trust Co. for 35 years, serving as president since 1982 and as chairman since 1999.
Townsend and his wife, the former Laura Royal, have two adult children, Hue and Elizabeth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation