Townsend takes seat on ABA board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2010
Huey L. Townsend, chairman, president and CEO of Guaranty Bank and Trust Co. in Belzoni, has been elected to serve a three-year term on the board of directors of American Bankers Association. He was elected at the ABA Annual Convention in Boston Oct. 19.
Townsend has a lengthy record of service to the banking industry at the national, state and local level. Most recently, he served as Mississippi membership chairman for ABA, and he previous was a member of the ABA Community Bankers Council and served on that council’s Administrative Committee. Townsend was chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association in 2005-06, and has served as MBA vice chairman and treasurer. He has been a member of the state association’s board of directors, legislative committee and group insurance committee, which he chaired for six years.
Townsend earned a bachelor’s degree with a double major in banking and finance and accounting from the University of Mississippi, and he is a certified public accountant. He has worked for Guaranty Bank and Trust Co. for 35 years, serving as president since 1982 and as chairman since 1999.
Townsend and his wife, the former Laura Royal, have two adult children, Hue and Elizabeth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term