City’s annexation plan to be considered by Court
JACKSON — The Mississippi Supreme Court will consider Horn Lake’s appeal of a DeSoto County chancellor’s ruling that it cannot annex 9.1 square miles of land to its west.
Chancellor Percy Lynchard also denied a request from the Town of Walls to annex approximately four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in March 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money