City’s annexation plan to be considered by Court
JACKSON — The Mississippi Supreme Court will consider Horn Lake’s appeal of a DeSoto County chancellor’s ruling that it cannot annex 9.1 square miles of land to its west.
Chancellor Percy Lynchard also denied a request from the Town of Walls to annex approximately four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in March 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers