City’s annexation plan to be considered by Court
JACKSON — The Mississippi Supreme Court will consider Horn Lake’s appeal of a DeSoto County chancellor’s ruling that it cannot annex 9.1 square miles of land to its west.
Chancellor Percy Lynchard also denied a request from the Town of Walls to annex approximately four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in March 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios