City’s annexation plan to be considered by Court
JACKSON — The Mississippi Supreme Court will consider Horn Lake’s appeal of a DeSoto County chancellor’s ruling that it cannot annex 9.1 square miles of land to its west.
Chancellor Percy Lynchard also denied a request from the Town of Walls to annex approximately four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in March 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State