Emerson’s Outdoors destroyed by fire
RANKIN COUNTY — Fire has destroyed a Rankin County archery business due to lack of water.
WLBT-TV reports that the nearest hydrant was blocks away from Emerson’s Outdoors, so firefighters had to truck in water. The building was about 10 miles north of Brandon, east of the Ross Barnett Reservoir.
Owner Jerry Emerson said that the blaze started yesterday from embers of a trash pile he was burning.
He said there’s no way to fix the building, and he would have to start over.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs