Emerson’s Outdoors destroyed by fire
RANKIN COUNTY — Fire has destroyed a Rankin County archery business due to lack of water.
WLBT-TV reports that the nearest hydrant was blocks away from Emerson’s Outdoors, so firefighters had to truck in water. The building was about 10 miles north of Brandon, east of the Ross Barnett Reservoir.
Owner Jerry Emerson said that the blaze started yesterday from embers of a trash pile he was burning.
He said there’s no way to fix the building, and he would have to start over.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation