Emerson’s Outdoors destroyed by fire
RANKIN COUNTY — Fire has destroyed a Rankin County archery business due to lack of water.
WLBT-TV reports that the nearest hydrant was blocks away from Emerson’s Outdoors, so firefighters had to truck in water. The building was about 10 miles north of Brandon, east of the Ross Barnett Reservoir.
Owner Jerry Emerson said that the blaze started yesterday from embers of a trash pile he was burning.
He said there’s no way to fix the building, and he would have to start over.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction