Emerson’s Outdoors destroyed by fire
RANKIN COUNTY — Fire has destroyed a Rankin County archery business due to lack of water.
WLBT-TV reports that the nearest hydrant was blocks away from Emerson’s Outdoors, so firefighters had to truck in water. The building was about 10 miles north of Brandon, east of the Ross Barnett Reservoir.
Owner Jerry Emerson said that the blaze started yesterday from embers of a trash pile he was burning.
He said there’s no way to fix the building, and he would have to start over.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds