Emerson’s Outdoors destroyed by fire
RANKIN COUNTY — Fire has destroyed a Rankin County archery business due to lack of water.
WLBT-TV reports that the nearest hydrant was blocks away from Emerson’s Outdoors, so firefighters had to truck in water. The building was about 10 miles north of Brandon, east of the Ross Barnett Reservoir.
Owner Jerry Emerson said that the blaze started yesterday from embers of a trash pile he was burning.
He said there’s no way to fix the building, and he would have to start over.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports