Nunnelee resigns from Mississippi Legislature
Published: November 16,2010
JACKSON — On Nov. 14, Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann certified the First Congressional race, and Congressman-elect Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) filed his resignation as a state senator with Lt. Governor Phil Bryant effective yesterday.
Nunnelee defeated the one-term Democrat Travis Childers.
Nunnelee said, “It has been an honor to serve the people of Mississippi as a state senator and chairman of the Appropriations Committee. I am looking forward to serving the citizens of Mississippi in my new role as a member of the United States House of Representatives.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Nunnelee resigns from Mississippi Legislature”
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'