Nunnelee resigns from Mississippi Legislature
by Wally Northway
Published: November 16,2010
JACKSON — On Nov. 14, Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann certified the First Congressional race, and Congressman-elect Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) filed his resignation as a state senator with Lt. Governor Phil Bryant effective yesterday.
Nunnelee defeated the one-term Democrat Travis Childers.
Nunnelee said, “It has been an honor to serve the people of Mississippi as a state senator and chairman of the Appropriations Committee. I am looking forward to serving the citizens of Mississippi in my new role as a member of the United States House of Representatives.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Nunnelee resigns from Mississippi Legislature”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge