Callon reports another increase in earnings
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company reports net income of $1.6 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, for the third quarter, and $7.7 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the nine-month period ended Sept. 30, 2010.
These results represent three consecutive quarters of improved earnings over the corresponding periods of 2009, during which the company reported a net loss of $1.0 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2009 and net income of $0.5 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, for the nine-month period ended September 30, 2009.
“With the third quarter, we delivered another period of positive execution of our strategic growth plan that we implemented a little more than a year ago,” Fred Callon, chairman and CEO, said. “This time last year, we had no onshore oil production. Today we are reporting onshore oil production of 500 net barrels per day, and we have our Haynesville Shale acreage held by production. Our diversification strategy for reinvesting cash flow generated from our offshore deepwater fields into lower-risk onshore oil and shale gas plays has enabled us to increase our long-term visible growth prospects, strengthen our balance sheet and continue growing per-share value.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015