Welcome Center reopens following renovations
Published: November 17,2010
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed a $910,000 construction project involving site improvements to the Welcome Center on Interstate 59 in Pearl River County. The center opened to the public yesterday.
This project is the second of two projects that included renovating the existing Welcome Center hospitality building, adding security features, widening the parking areas, adding new landscaping,as well as making utility improvements.
The Pearl River County Welcome Center averages more than 16,000 visitors a month during the summer.
The staff plans to provide an open house celebration for the public in December.
The projects were completed by David Smith Construction and J. Levens Builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force