Welcome Center reopens following renovations
by Associated Press
Published: November 17,2010
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed a $910,000 construction project involving site improvements to the Welcome Center on Interstate 59 in Pearl River County. The center opened to the public yesterday.
This project is the second of two projects that included renovating the existing Welcome Center hospitality building, adding security features, widening the parking areas, adding new landscaping,as well as making utility improvements.
The Pearl River County Welcome Center averages more than 16,000 visitors a month during the summer.
The staff plans to provide an open house celebration for the public in December.
The projects were completed by David Smith Construction and J. Levens Builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center