Welcome Center reopens following renovations
Published: November 17,2010
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed a $910,000 construction project involving site improvements to the Welcome Center on Interstate 59 in Pearl River County. The center opened to the public yesterday.
This project is the second of two projects that included renovating the existing Welcome Center hospitality building, adding security features, widening the parking areas, adding new landscaping,as well as making utility improvements.
The Pearl River County Welcome Center averages more than 16,000 visitors a month during the summer.
The staff plans to provide an open house celebration for the public in December.
The projects were completed by David Smith Construction and J. Levens Builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years