Welcome Center reopens following renovations
Published: November 17,2010
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed a $910,000 construction project involving site improvements to the Welcome Center on Interstate 59 in Pearl River County. The center opened to the public yesterday.
This project is the second of two projects that included renovating the existing Welcome Center hospitality building, adding security features, widening the parking areas, adding new landscaping,as well as making utility improvements.
The Pearl River County Welcome Center averages more than 16,000 visitors a month during the summer.
The staff plans to provide an open house celebration for the public in December.
The projects were completed by David Smith Construction and J. Levens Builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'