Welcome Center reopens following renovations
Published: November 17,2010
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed a $910,000 construction project involving site improvements to the Welcome Center on Interstate 59 in Pearl River County. The center opened to the public yesterday.
This project is the second of two projects that included renovating the existing Welcome Center hospitality building, adding security features, widening the parking areas, adding new landscaping,as well as making utility improvements.
The Pearl River County Welcome Center averages more than 16,000 visitors a month during the summer.
The staff plans to provide an open house celebration for the public in December.
The projects were completed by David Smith Construction and J. Levens Builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast