Welcome Center reopens following renovations
Published: November 17,2010
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed a $910,000 construction project involving site improvements to the Welcome Center on Interstate 59 in Pearl River County. The center opened to the public yesterday.
This project is the second of two projects that included renovating the existing Welcome Center hospitality building, adding security features, widening the parking areas, adding new landscaping,as well as making utility improvements.
The Pearl River County Welcome Center averages more than 16,000 visitors a month during the summer.
The staff plans to provide an open house celebration for the public in December.
The projects were completed by David Smith Construction and J. Levens Builders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings