Hayek named DRMC chief of staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 21,2010
Dr. Maroun E. Hayek, oncologist at the Delta Cancer Institute in Greenville, has been named Delta Regional Medical Center’s chief of staff. Hayek will serve as the chief medical officer and principal official of the staff.
Hayek, who joined the medical staff of Delta Regional Medical Center in 2000, received his M.D. from St. Joseph’s University in Beirut, Lebanon, in 1990. He then attended Seton Hall University School of Graduate Medical Education, where he completed his residency in internal medicine in 1993. He completed a Fellowship in hematology/oncology at Columbia University. He is board certified in internal medicine/hematology/oncology.
In a separate item, Susie Hedgepeth, director of materials management at DRMC was recently awarded the Mississippi Hospital Association Society of Hospital Purchasing and Materials Management Distinguished Service Award. Hedgepeth received both her bachelor of business administration, accounting and finance (1982), and her master of business administration, information systems (1999) from Delta State University. At DSU, Hedgepeth was a member of Delta Mu Delta Honor Society.
Hedgepeth is a graduate of the VHA Supply Chain Academy and achieved certification as a materials and resource professional from the American Hospital Association in 2009. She has been the director of materials management at DRMC for the past six years.
Previously she served as director of accounting at The King’s Daughters Hospital in Greenville. She is a current member and former board member of Mississippi Hospital Association Society for Supply Chain Management. Hedgepeth is also a member of American Hospital Resources and Materials Management and VHA Gulf States Sourcing Collaborative.
Hedgepeth and her husband, Sammy, live in Greenville. They have two grown children, Davis and SuAnne.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years