Audit: TVA overbilled by financial advisers
Published: November 22,2010
The audit by the TVA’s Office of Inspector General describes the overbilling, much of it involving overtime, as “unsupported or not in accordance” with contracts that were reviewed.
Deloitte spokesman David Thompson told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that the firm “strongly disagrees with the inspector general’s assertions.”
TVA spokesman Scott Brooks said there will be a thorough review of the audit and TVA will decide if reimbursement should be pursued.
TVA hired Deloitte to perform independent reviews and provide advisory services related to programs such as computer services and proposed legislation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal