Audit: TVA overbilled by financial advisers
Published: November 22,2010
The audit by the TVA’s Office of Inspector General describes the overbilling, much of it involving overtime, as “unsupported or not in accordance” with contracts that were reviewed.
Deloitte spokesman David Thompson told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that the firm “strongly disagrees with the inspector general’s assertions.”
TVA spokesman Scott Brooks said there will be a thorough review of the audit and TVA will decide if reimbursement should be pursued.
TVA hired Deloitte to perform independent reviews and provide advisory services related to programs such as computer services and proposed legislation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form