Audit: TVA overbilled by financial advisers
Published: November 22,2010
The audit by the TVA’s Office of Inspector General describes the overbilling, much of it involving overtime, as “unsupported or not in accordance” with contracts that were reviewed.
Deloitte spokesman David Thompson told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that the firm “strongly disagrees with the inspector general’s assertions.”
TVA spokesman Scott Brooks said there will be a thorough review of the audit and TVA will decide if reimbursement should be pursued.
TVA hired Deloitte to perform independent reviews and provide advisory services related to programs such as computer services and proposed legislation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson