Audit: TVA overbilled by financial advisers
Published: November 22,2010
The audit by the TVA’s Office of Inspector General describes the overbilling, much of it involving overtime, as “unsupported or not in accordance” with contracts that were reviewed.
Deloitte spokesman David Thompson told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that the firm “strongly disagrees with the inspector general’s assertions.”
TVA spokesman Scott Brooks said there will be a thorough review of the audit and TVA will decide if reimbursement should be pursued.
TVA hired Deloitte to perform independent reviews and provide advisory services related to programs such as computer services and proposed legislation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar