Duck season opens Friday
Published: November 22,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s first waterfowl season opens Friday and wildlife officials are putting together estimates of bird numbers.
Ed Penny, the waterfowl program coordinator for the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, says surveys and waterfowl concentration maps will be posted on the agency’s website.
“So far, reports have been good from areas that have water,” Penny said.
The regular duck season dates are Friday through Nov. 28; Dec. 3 through Dec. 6; and Dec. 9 through Jan. 30.
The duck daily bag limit is a total of 6 ducks, which may include 4 mallards but no more than 2 of which may be females; 3 wood ducks; 2 redheads; 2 scaup; 1 canvasback; 1 mottled duck; 1 black duck; and 2 pintail.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager