Duck season opens Friday
Published: November 22,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s first waterfowl season opens Friday and wildlife officials are putting together estimates of bird numbers.
Ed Penny, the waterfowl program coordinator for the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, says surveys and waterfowl concentration maps will be posted on the agency’s website.
“So far, reports have been good from areas that have water,” Penny said.
The regular duck season dates are Friday through Nov. 28; Dec. 3 through Dec. 6; and Dec. 9 through Jan. 30.
The duck daily bag limit is a total of 6 ducks, which may include 4 mallards but no more than 2 of which may be females; 3 wood ducks; 2 redheads; 2 scaup; 1 canvasback; 1 mottled duck; 1 black duck; and 2 pintail.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility