Duck season opens Friday
Published: November 22,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s first waterfowl season opens Friday and wildlife officials are putting together estimates of bird numbers.
Ed Penny, the waterfowl program coordinator for the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, says surveys and waterfowl concentration maps will be posted on the agency’s website.
“So far, reports have been good from areas that have water,” Penny said.
The regular duck season dates are Friday through Nov. 28; Dec. 3 through Dec. 6; and Dec. 9 through Jan. 30.
The duck daily bag limit is a total of 6 ducks, which may include 4 mallards but no more than 2 of which may be females; 3 wood ducks; 2 redheads; 2 scaup; 1 canvasback; 1 mottled duck; 1 black duck; and 2 pintail.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators