Duck season opens Friday
Published: November 22,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s first waterfowl season opens Friday and wildlife officials are putting together estimates of bird numbers.
Ed Penny, the waterfowl program coordinator for the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, says surveys and waterfowl concentration maps will be posted on the agency’s website.
“So far, reports have been good from areas that have water,” Penny said.
The regular duck season dates are Friday through Nov. 28; Dec. 3 through Dec. 6; and Dec. 9 through Jan. 30.
The duck daily bag limit is a total of 6 ducks, which may include 4 mallards but no more than 2 of which may be females; 3 wood ducks; 2 redheads; 2 scaup; 1 canvasback; 1 mottled duck; 1 black duck; and 2 pintail.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image