Duck season opens Friday
Published: November 22,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s first waterfowl season opens Friday and wildlife officials are putting together estimates of bird numbers.
Ed Penny, the waterfowl program coordinator for the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, says surveys and waterfowl concentration maps will be posted on the agency’s website.
“So far, reports have been good from areas that have water,” Penny said.
The regular duck season dates are Friday through Nov. 28; Dec. 3 through Dec. 6; and Dec. 9 through Jan. 30.
The duck daily bag limit is a total of 6 ducks, which may include 4 mallards but no more than 2 of which may be females; 3 wood ducks; 2 redheads; 2 scaup; 1 canvasback; 1 mottled duck; 1 black duck; and 2 pintail.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)