TSA pat-down leaves man covered in urine
by Associated Press
Published: November 22,2010
Tags: airport security
ROMULUS, Mich. — A bladder cancer survivor from Michigan who wears a bag that collects his urine says he was patted down roughly by a security agent at Detroit Metropolitan Airport, causing the bag to spill its contents on his clothing.
Tom Sawyer told MSNBC.com the experience earlier this month left the 61-year-old retired special education teacher humiliated and in tears before catching a flight to Orlando, Fla.
Transportation Security Administration chief John Pistole said on CBS’ “The Early Show” on Monday he had “great concern” for people such as Sawyer who feel “like they have not been treated properly.”
Sawyer tells the Detroit Free Press that once he went through security, he changed his bag, but didn’t have time to change his clothing and had to board the plane soaked in urine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions