Miss. unemployment rate down a bit in Oct.
Published: November 24,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s unemployment rate fell by one-tenth of a percent to 9.7 percent in October.
The jobless rate in September was 9.8 percent.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security reported Tuesday that Rankin County posted the lowest unemployment rate for October at 6.3 percent, followed by DeSoto and Madison counties at 7 percent.
Noxubee County posted the highest unemployment rate for October at 19.2 percent, followed by Clay County at 17.8 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on