Miss. unemployment rate down a bit in Oct.
by Associated Press
Published: November 24,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s unemployment rate fell by one-tenth of a percent to 9.7 percent in October.
The jobless rate in September was 9.8 percent.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security reported Tuesday that Rankin County posted the lowest unemployment rate for October at 6.3 percent, followed by DeSoto and Madison counties at 7 percent.
Noxubee County posted the highest unemployment rate for October at 19.2 percent, followed by Clay County at 17.8 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line