Miss. unemployment rate down a bit in Oct.
Published: November 24,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s unemployment rate fell by one-tenth of a percent to 9.7 percent in October.
The jobless rate in September was 9.8 percent.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security reported Tuesday that Rankin County posted the lowest unemployment rate for October at 6.3 percent, followed by DeSoto and Madison counties at 7 percent.
Noxubee County posted the highest unemployment rate for October at 19.2 percent, followed by Clay County at 17.8 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs