Miss. unemployment rate down a bit in Oct.
Published: November 24,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s unemployment rate fell by one-tenth of a percent to 9.7 percent in October.
The jobless rate in September was 9.8 percent.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security reported Tuesday that Rankin County posted the lowest unemployment rate for October at 6.3 percent, followed by DeSoto and Madison counties at 7 percent.
Noxubee County posted the highest unemployment rate for October at 19.2 percent, followed by Clay County at 17.8 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file