Miss. unemployment rate down a bit in Oct.
Published: November 24,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi’s unemployment rate fell by one-tenth of a percent to 9.7 percent in October.
The jobless rate in September was 9.8 percent.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security reported Tuesday that Rankin County posted the lowest unemployment rate for October at 6.3 percent, followed by DeSoto and Madison counties at 7 percent.
Noxubee County posted the highest unemployment rate for October at 19.2 percent, followed by Clay County at 17.8 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years