Fowlkes replacing Hall on board
Millsaps College has named Tom Fowlkes of Bristol, Va., chair of its board of trustees. He is succeeding Maurice H. Hall Jr. of Meridian, who has served as chair since 2002.
Fowlkes has served previously as treasurer of the board and as chair of the 2009 presidential search committee. He is a 1965 graduate of Millsaps College and holds a law degree from the University of Virginia. He is active in business, law and higher education, having served most recently as vice president of institutional advancement and visiting associate professor at Emory and Henry College in Virginia.
Other officers of the board include Hope Morgan Ward of Jackson, Bishop of the Mississippi Area of The United Methodist Church, vice chair; Jay Lindsey of New York, treasurer; and, Toddy Sanders of Jackson, class of 1965, secretary.
Serving as committee chairs for this year are Luther Ott of Jackson, class of 1971, academic affairs; Murray Underwood of Jackson, class of 1963, audit; Richard Hickson of Jackson, finance and campus oversight; Eason Leake of Jackson, class of 1968, institutional advancement; Bud Robinson of Jackson, investment; Hal Malchow of Washington, D.C., class of 1973, marketing and enrollment; Dan Bowling, of Pensacola, Fla., class of 1977, student life; and, Cooper Morrison of Jackson, class of 1978, trustee nomination and evaluation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute