Fowlkes replacing Hall on board
Millsaps College has named Tom Fowlkes of Bristol, Va., chair of its board of trustees. He is succeeding Maurice H. Hall Jr. of Meridian, who has served as chair since 2002.
Fowlkes has served previously as treasurer of the board and as chair of the 2009 presidential search committee. He is a 1965 graduate of Millsaps College and holds a law degree from the University of Virginia. He is active in business, law and higher education, having served most recently as vice president of institutional advancement and visiting associate professor at Emory and Henry College in Virginia.
Other officers of the board include Hope Morgan Ward of Jackson, Bishop of the Mississippi Area of The United Methodist Church, vice chair; Jay Lindsey of New York, treasurer; and, Toddy Sanders of Jackson, class of 1965, secretary.
Serving as committee chairs for this year are Luther Ott of Jackson, class of 1971, academic affairs; Murray Underwood of Jackson, class of 1963, audit; Richard Hickson of Jackson, finance and campus oversight; Eason Leake of Jackson, class of 1968, institutional advancement; Bud Robinson of Jackson, investment; Hal Malchow of Washington, D.C., class of 1973, marketing and enrollment; Dan Bowling, of Pensacola, Fla., class of 1977, student life; and, Cooper Morrison of Jackson, class of 1978, trustee nomination and evaluation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex