Jones appointed to accreditation board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 28,2010
The Commission on School Accreditation recently appointed H. Ann Coleman Jones to the advisory board. This advisory board was established to develop and implement a permanent performance-based accreditation system.
Jones has served on many local, state and national board of directors including Jackson Public Schools board of trustees, Middle Mississippi and National Girl Scouts board of directors, Leadership Jackson, Youth Leadership Jackson, Jackson Chamber of Commerce, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. National Committee, Jackson Council PTA/PTSA, Mississippi Congress of PTA, Hinds County Foster Review Board, Jackson /Hinds Arts Alliance board of directors and the Piney Woods Country Life School board of directors. She also served on the former Gov. William Winter’s Education Reform Task Force and the Jackson Change of Government Task Force.
She is a lifetime member of the NAACP, the Mississippi Congress of Parents and Teachers and the National Girl Scouts of USA.
Jones attended Dillard University where she received a B.A. degree in biology and Tuskegee University where she received a master of science degree in immunology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil