Jones appointed to accreditation board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 28,2010
The Commission on School Accreditation recently appointed H. Ann Coleman Jones to the advisory board. This advisory board was established to develop and implement a permanent performance-based accreditation system.
Jones has served on many local, state and national board of directors including Jackson Public Schools board of trustees, Middle Mississippi and National Girl Scouts board of directors, Leadership Jackson, Youth Leadership Jackson, Jackson Chamber of Commerce, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. National Committee, Jackson Council PTA/PTSA, Mississippi Congress of PTA, Hinds County Foster Review Board, Jackson /Hinds Arts Alliance board of directors and the Piney Woods Country Life School board of directors. She also served on the former Gov. William Winter’s Education Reform Task Force and the Jackson Change of Government Task Force.
She is a lifetime member of the NAACP, the Mississippi Congress of Parents and Teachers and the National Girl Scouts of USA.
Jones attended Dillard University where she received a B.A. degree in biology and Tuskegee University where she received a master of science degree in immunology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement