Jones appointed to accreditation board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 28,2010
The Commission on School Accreditation recently appointed H. Ann Coleman Jones to the advisory board. This advisory board was established to develop and implement a permanent performance-based accreditation system.
Jones has served on many local, state and national board of directors including Jackson Public Schools board of trustees, Middle Mississippi and National Girl Scouts board of directors, Leadership Jackson, Youth Leadership Jackson, Jackson Chamber of Commerce, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. National Committee, Jackson Council PTA/PTSA, Mississippi Congress of PTA, Hinds County Foster Review Board, Jackson /Hinds Arts Alliance board of directors and the Piney Woods Country Life School board of directors. She also served on the former Gov. William Winter’s Education Reform Task Force and the Jackson Change of Government Task Force.
She is a lifetime member of the NAACP, the Mississippi Congress of Parents and Teachers and the National Girl Scouts of USA.
Jones attended Dillard University where she received a B.A. degree in biology and Tuskegee University where she received a master of science degree in immunology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing